info please on 5-49 mccollough 2 man saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johns48b

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi guys, new to this site, so please be gentle. i searched for 20 years after having first seen this old saw and finallly found it and lady gave it to me if i would do some bush hogging for her. i know nothing about the saw, its loose, but other than that don't have a clue about how it runs or where to start on rebuilding it. is there any chance of finding carb parts, ignition parts, is it something i would want to even concider cranking, haven't had a lot of time to check it out but its got 3 caps on top. one for gas and oil i guess but what are the other two for. did you premix gas for it? i've restored a 48 b jd tractor so i don't mind tearing into this one, just wanted to know if there is any chance of finding parts and any pit falls to watch out for. the old man who owned it was kinda special to me and i'd like to see if i can get it to run. he has a grandson who is a nice guy and i'd like to see him have it, but i want to carry it around to a tractor show or two first. thanks for any and all help.

old chainsaw

John I ran a 549 mac. in 1953 was a good saw, try e bay for
antique ventage chain saw good luck
Grampa

Back