injured logger charity give away

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll be running it. Run it on my 2171 with the xpw top end and prolly yhe 2094 after Scott gets thru with her. If I can ever get the 2094 to Scott. Ive been meaning to for quite a while now.

Yeah, I'll be running it. Run it on my 2171 with the xpw top end and prolly yhe 2094 after Scott gets thru with her. If I can ever get the 2094 to Scott. Ive been meaning to for quite a while now.

Get that saw done Paul!!! And we'll run em' next time we meet...
:msp_sneaky:

What a train wreck. Clean it up, learn from the mistakes, and start over.

A noble cause with the best of intentions, but obviously needed a better understanding of the rules governing its' implementation.

Not Paypal's fault, gang. They're in business to make money, too. Trying to get around a few fees is worth jeopardizing the whole effort? C'mon. If I'm gonna contribute to a cause like this, I should automatically be expected to follow specific instructions for how to deprive the financial facilitator of these meager transactions their little piece of the action? Why? Because I'm clever and can't afford the damned 10 cent fee?

Somethin's just a little bit wrong with those double standards being associated with a "charity". Runnin' one costs money on multiple levels. If you don't understand that outta the gate, you probably shouldn't be runnin' one or contributing to one.

Get smart, stay in the proper lane, start a whole new thread to clean up the broken glass from this one (and the deleted one), and do it right -- if not for the integrity of everyone who has put effort, money, and an awesome line up of saws into this thing,
do it for the poor guy who this is all about.

The credibility associated with this whole effort needs rejuvenated badly.

Yeah, my flack jacket is on and I'll be takin' plenty for voicing this opinion. But like one member used to have in their sig, "I'm the one sayin' what you're thinkin'"

It is what it is. A mess. Damned shame, too.

But just so Hedge has somethin' to keep his rep hammer poundin', my donations will be in the mail tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone trying to pull together for this.

Poge

Not sure I follow, you said do it right and not trying to avoid fees? They don't permit the raffle part not to do with fees. When I donate to one of these I click on gift then it says I have to pay because of my credit card the fee so I do pay a fee to donate to a great cause and didn't beat that bank out of any money.

Not sure I follow, you said do it right and not trying to avoid fees? They don't permit the raffle part not to do with fees. When I donate to one of these I click on gift then it says I have to pay because of my credit card the fee so I do pay a fee to donate to a great cause and didn't beat that bank out of any money.

Extra big rep hammer for WSC!!!
:after_boom:

Gifts through PP are fine. That's not their beef. Raffles and chances are not. That equals gambling, which they cannot legally condone. We learned that with the 090G charity drive. Play by their rules, and there are no problems. Just to play it safe, I also made a habit of emptying the account every night and forwarding it onto Jeremy. Good luck as you move forward.

Having watched a couple of these and gifted through PP, I was under the impression that there was a very fine line between having to pay additional fees if there were references to certain terms in the transaction -- even the word "charity" -- and not having additional fees assessed in the transaction(s).

If I misunderstood, apologies for that portion of my earlier commentary which I have since deleted from the thread.

Last edited:
I was trying to rep the people that sent donations and I'm not sure if I red repped uncle rico on accident. You guys give him plenty of rep in case I did.:buttkick:

I must have a twitchy rep thumb... You just got blew up for 600,000 rep points just for making that post.. :msp_wink:

Before the end of this donation drive, would you mind putting up a list of the donors? With the PP crap, people may have slipped through the cracks. I admit it.............I'm anxious for a shot at that Homelite 2000.......:help:

Before the end of this donation drive, would you mind putting up a list of the donors? With the PP crap, people may have slipped through the cracks. I admit it.............I'm anxious for a shot at that Homelite 2000.......:help:

Ah ah ah!!! That one's mine!!!
:rock:

Cool! It's back. IF I have more $$$ to send to this worthy cause I think I'll put it towards this "older saw" thread. More my speed........and LOTS of good stuff to choose from. Not to take anything away from you high speed low drag guys..............even if some of you wear Crocs (there, I spelled it 'right' Randy).:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back