inside of stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOODHOGG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
WOODHOGG here, the question today is,we have a stove that we put in 6 months ago and before we hooked it up i looked down the hole where stove pipe went and noticed there was a lot of ashes there,my question is can you get a stove clogged up in this area so it can not vent because i believe this also serves as part of the drafting system if so can it be cleaned and how.
Also we need to replace the fire bricks inside the stove until we do will the heat
go straight thru the walls of stove and not heat as it should,thank's

Last edited:
WOODHOGG here, the question today is,we have a stove that we put in 6 months ago and before we hooked it up i looked down the hole where stove pipe went and noticed there was a lot of ashes there,my question is can you get a stove clogged up in this area so it can not vent because i believe this also serves as part of the drafting system if so can it be cleaned and how.
Also we need to replace the fire bricks inside the stove until we do will the heat
go straight thru the walls of stove and not heat as it should,thank's

More than likely what you saw was the fluffy type of creosote and yes this might be a problem unless you can get in there and clean it out on a regular basis. Someone recently posted about a chimney cleaning on a fireplace where the chimney sweep did not clean the creosote droppings off the smoke shelf. First fire lit up the creosote. :(

You didn't post the make/model of your stove - can't help with cleaning until you share that information.

Shari

Latest posts

Back