Inside the MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some more info on a stock 362, FYI. I've had this about a month now and probably have about 15 hrs of use time on it. "Normal" use as I would consider it, except for the cold weather (10's-20's F) - felling, bucking, limbing hardwoods in the 3-24" dbh range (mostly in the 3-12" range).

I was cleaning it up and sharpening the chain tonight and decided to pull the spark plug to take a peek inside to see if I saw the running rich issue Brad first posted at the start of the thread. The piston had a couple tiny spots of deposits on the crown - nothing notable. I used regular Stihl orange bottle oil in the first 2 gallons of gas I made (prob 1.5 gals went into this saw) as it was all I could get at first. I switched to the Stihl HP Ultra after that for the next 1+gal of fuel (and from now on). No pics of the piston as I can't get a camera in there close enough to see anything. Carb is set pretty much right at factory settings. Haven't needed to tweak it so far.

Here's what the spark plug looks like too:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just a bit more info on the saw, FWIW.

-Dave

Nice. If you're happy with the way it's running, I wouldn't mess with it. That's about as spot-on as your going to get with 2-stroke OPE.

Ok, we can all start putting our bets down what price it will end at.:hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

Looks good, I can't wait to run it. And no I didn't sell it and it's not for sale.
And this saw only has a few tanks of gas through it and should pick up a little more when it's got a few hours on it. I didn't have this saw ported to to beat a 361, I wanted to see what could be done w/ this new technology. Thanks again Brad.

:confused: check ebay

BLsnelling: Have you ported any ms362s since this first one? Have you changed how you ported with any other results?

I was glad to see that most of the pics in this old thread survived. Many of our good old pics are lost.

Latest posts

Back