International S9B skidder Vs Caterpillar 518 Skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acco1840

Reaction score
I have a mate who has an International S9B skidder for sale. Low work, only used as Firewood skidder, VGC, good tyres with 2 spares, nice shiny paint and ready to go for $10000. Sounds cheap to me, but I learnt on my cousins 1977 Caterpillar 518 cable skidder, and am leaning towards one of them for $12000. What do you think?? Has anyone operated either or both??

The S9 is the better deal, the cat is probably the stronger machine. Both prices are good in my opinion.

A buddy of mine has a 79 with 20,000 original hours on the machine and engine still pulling 3 loads a day 5 days week 1 trans mission rebuild and a winch rebuild but he runs 9 to 10 slides all the time and he cuts over story removals big oak cherry its a tough pulling skidder We run 2 franklin grapples and thats the only other cable skidder I would even tkink about getting just turn the engine off while you are cutting up and you will be spursized how much you get you per gallon of fuel if you load the skidder

We run an s10 they'll pull the world if you can find a way to wrap a choker around it.

Latest posts

Back