Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just feeling out what kind of crowd would be up for a Iowa GTG near Des Moines. Post if interested! I was thinking October would work. I have help if there is interest... I only have a couple acres but can pack it up with logs!

For those that have gone to Mitch's Fall GTG before; he's got a baby on the way and has agreed to let me host one...

Post up if you're in!

I'll be there. It's already on the calendar. I'll try to bring a couple of horses, but my 084 may have to be replaced with a few new toys. Regardless, count me in because I can get another 084 that may only have to be tuned up a little. Somewhere around Columbus Day?!?! :blob2:
IowaGTG01.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, and I'll bring that with me. Anyone who can get it running gets an automatic door prize. Guaranteed. :msp_sneaky: ;)

Whats It doing? I'm Working in Omaha. I've messed witha couple of them Stihl own one and a 7901. I could take a look at it some time. I need some thing to do. This apartment life is for the birds:frown:. Oh and what is the door prize.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm IN!!!!

Just picked up a 2150 in pretty good shape tonight. Has the dreaded muffler issue but I can work that out... Mitch said you only have to get it started with the muffler on right??? :eek:rangegrin:

GTG Date is October 6th by popular vote!

sounds like october will be the good date to head for...

ancy,
if you have your state wide any sex tag I'll scare up some ground for us Friday night! I have 3 home brews on hand now and maybe upi to 5 by gtg time! got a brown, vanilla creame ale, a light honey right now... Thinking a dark porter and/or hefeweisen!

Man... Randy is taking a while to sniff out the pie!

Way too late for a hefe. An Imperial Porter should be just right. :msp_wink:

I can bring a bone stock, thoroughly broken in Jonsered 2050 as a basis for comparison.

Hey, the BP-1 is only 46 cc, if you have something to bury the 16" bars I'll run that old relic against the screamers.

Mark

I really like that idea... Keeps everything in perspective... A good stock saw usually shows well...

I can bring a bone stock, thoroughly broken in Jonsered 2050 as a basis for comparison.

Hey, the BP-1 is only 46 cc, if you have something to bury the 16" bars I'll run that old relic against the screamers.

Mark

No two piston, counter balanced, variable crank case volume saws allowed in this competition. Besides, that saw is quick :msp_biggrin:

Way too late for a hefe. An Imperial Porter should be just right. :msp_wink:

I don't know if the imperial porter will be showing it's ugly face again... that stuff costs $65 just for 5gallons of ingredients... Plus the cleaners and sanitizers and 6hrs just to make the wort... I'd rather make 6 more pies!

im in for oct. 6. i can bring the ladder for the mills,just rigging one up for my alaskan.gonna run my 2188 on it. you gonna have pot luck dinner? will try to come down fri.nite,

I know I'll get my arse kicked but if I can find a cheap 345/350 at my honey hole I'll try to build one too... the more the merrier right??? besides I don't own a husky... YET!

Where's this hole at, prices on the bay just doubled:msp_scared:

Ron sir!
Will give you a chance to run my stumpbroke 372bb and the 346 I built, hope I'll have the pp655 done by then! Back on 40s I hear? Bet you will like that!

Alex
Am very much looking forward to checking out your saws. Yes, back on a 40 hour week for now any way. I do like it much better, now will use my longer weekends to get some things done that 60 hrs. per week just dont allow.
These GTG,s are so much fun, its kind of like waiting for opening day of hunting season. Like a little kid-again!:clap::dizzy:

Ron

Alex
Am very much looking forward to checking out your saws. Yes, back on a 40 hour week for now any way. I do like it much better, now will use my longer weekends to get some things done that 60 hrs. per week just dont allow.
These GTG,s are so much fun, its kind of like waiting for opening day of hunting season. Like a little kid-again!:clap::dizzy:

Ron

That's the bad thing it will be opening weekend!

Where did the post go that were on here this morning??

Latest posts

Back