Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it doesnt rain soon we may not need to worry about any kind of harvest.:confused:

We are drier in my area than last although many have not figured that out yet. It is BONE ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS dry

Now as for a GTG when is it going to be???????????

I am sure Arkansas is is a fine place but that is not a Iowa GTG. Heck when is the AR GTG I might hit 2

Bill

I think Nate should head this up now that he has room.:rolleyes:

Fixed that for ya!

Ok, so here is the deal... I have a new house we are closing on September 12th, and we have a ton of work to do in the mean time... I don't know if I'll have time for rounding up door prizes, and hauling in logs, etc etc etc... The new property is 12.4 acres and solid woods almost. We could have a "medium" size GTG if you all want to log some timber and clear brush for me? LOL :) Honestly if there are a few guys that want to help cut some trees and the rest want to eat and sit around the fire pit that is 100% fine with me. I think we had been toying with the idea of having a trades only GTG... How does this sound...

Iowa Fall - Swap Meet GTG, September 27-28, 2013 ???

Address would be: 8590 143rd Ave, Indianola, IA 50125

We'd be short parking and log cutting space just like the last place but plenty of room for a good fire pit and place to cook and gather for a swap meet. I might have enough pasture space to mow for parking out on the edge of the timber too. Here's a map of the new place. House is in the SW corner, and a 3-sided shed with power in the middle of the property... The wife agreed tentatively since I presented as getting some help cutting a few trees out. Depending on how nice the neighbors are we might be able to ask to use some of the pasture (not occupied or fenced in currently).

Last edited:
Fixed that for ya!

Ok, so here is the deal... I have a new house we are closing on September 12th, and we have a ton of work to do in the mean time... I don't know if I'll have time for rounding up door prizes, and hauling in logs, etc etc etc... The new property is 12.4 acres and solid woods almost. We could have a "medium" size GTG if you all want to log some timber and clear brush for me? LOL :) Honestly if there are a few guys that want to help cut some trees and the rest want to eat and sit around the fire pit that is 100% fine with me. I think we had been toying with the idea of having a trades only GTG... How does this sound...

Iowa Fall - Swap Meet GTG, September 27-28, 2013 ???

Address would be: 8590 143rd Ave, Indianola, IA 50125

We'd be short parking and log cutting space just like the last place but plenty of room for a good fire pit and place to cook and gather for a swap meet. I might have enough pasture space to mow for parking out on the edge of the timber too. Here's a map of the new place. House is in the SW corner, and a 3-sided shed with power in the middle of the property... The wife agreed tentatively since I presented as getting some help cutting a few trees out.

You still south of DesMoines?? what town is it closest to?

You still south of DesMoines?? what town is it closest to?

Just north of Indianola, IA. There is Theisens, Wal-Mart, and fast food within a 3-5 min drive... I edited the post above and added the address so you can google map the time and directions.

This is all tentative and we'll gauge how many guys are in... I think we could throw in some kind of race and have some race cants so there's some sport for those that want to... open to suggestions...

Also need to make sure i'm not stepping in on Mitch's turf... I heard he might have a couple hundred new head in a building real close to his GTG site which wouldn't be optimal...

Last edited:
Back