Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of rainy today and way too muddy to be doing much, so I took down a cottonwood that I would like to get out and over to the GTG site. I now need it to dry up so we can get the tractor hooked up and pull it out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ron

Well done Ron, I was in the timber the other day, was hard enough to walk let alone try and use equipment. Not sure if you noticed when you placed that order that there was a 6' choker in there. That should help moving logs around some.

Since I was out in the woods after the Cottonwood, I also took the opportunity to get a Mulberry that will work good for a lot post or corner post. You fellas from more southern regions have Hedge, but we dont here on the Hoskey farm, so the Mulberrys last quite a while for us.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There is about 11 feet of useable tree for the post, the rest will be firewood and mostly brush for the bunnies to chew on.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, Alex, got the choker and everything else ordered. Looked like they had all in stock, so no back orders to deal with!

Ron

Sounds great Ron. Hope that coupon worked for you. Will you and mark be going back to 40s starting this month?

Mulberry makes some very good firewood, seems to work best if you burn it in a stove or furnace rather than an open fireplace.

Guess I may have to start thinking about GTG saws for this year's event. I could make full truck load of 82 cc McCulloch's but what would be the fun in that?

Mark

Wouldn't mind trying out your most recent rebuild, unless thats not an option.

Mulberry makes some very good firewood, seems to work best if you burn it in a stove or furnace rather than an open fireplace.

Guess I may have to start thinking about GTG saws for this year's event. I could make full truck load of 82 cc McCulloch's but what would be the fun in that?

Mark

You can also burn semi-dry mulberry in a campfire to compete with fireworks, right around July 4th. I do this every year, and I never have to buy imported gun powder. Mulberry sparks are unequaled among any species of firewood.

You can also burn semi-dry mulberry in a campfire to compete with fireworks, right around July 4th. I do this every year, and I never have to buy imported gun powder. Mulberry sparks are unequaled among any species of firewood.

I would love to have a semi load of mulberry to burn!! I love that stuff!

Have you ever burned any wet Osage Orange? :laugh: It's similar to having 22 LR shells tossed in the fire. Or you could use the old joke of using river rock to contain the fire...... Seen that happen once and it's dangerously funny

I can not find the page were Mike posted the events for the GtG. Its starting to get busy at work so I will not have much free time to get ready. Can some one post the events again . Thanks

I can not find the page were Mike posted the events for the GtG. Its starting to get busy at work so I will not have much free time to get ready. Can some one post the events again . Thanks

Breakfast
Late Breakfast
Snacks
Brunch
Lunch
Dessert
Leftovers
Bunch of saw stuff

Latest posts

Back