Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be able to find something big but would have to bring the truck to haul it... We'll see how it goes this week.

No left over parts:D

Wonder how it will do in the hardcut:laugh:

It is pig rich will tune it in a couple of days:msp_sneaky:

Thanks to all that helped with this project thus far. You know who you are:rock:
[video=youtube_share;7S2fsaKxJ20]http://youtu.be/7S2fsaKxJ20[/video]

No left over parts:D

Wonder how it will do in the hardcut:laugh:

It is pig rich will tune it in a couple of days:msp_sneaky:

Thanks to all that helped with this project thus far. You know who you are:rock:
[video=youtube_share;7S2fsaKxJ20]http://youtu.be/7S2fsaKxJ20[/video]

Will be bringing my new to me 850 along for comparison, and I'm sure Mark will have one or 8 to compare to.

Besides the one IN the driver seat?

Jim is the type of guy that is nice as pie, but I sense if you should cross him you might want to watchout:msp_scared:

That is funny I just noticed your location, not sure when you changed that:big_smile:

Last edited:
Just talked to a buddy about 30 mile north of me,he said it has been snowing since 7:30 this morning at his place. Most of what I got this morning has allready melted. Just put on the second pot of coffee for the day,it should last me till bedtime.:msp_smile:

Newb Question

I am new to the AS gang and live in S.E. Iowa. Can any member of AS come to the GTG II or how does it work - invite or ???
Thanks .. Cornfused

I am new to the AS gang and live in S.E. Iowa. Can any member of AS come to the GTG II or how does it work - invite or ???
Thanks .. Cornfused

If you have admitted to having CAD then you have already paid entry to the GTG:hmm3grin2orange:

A lot of people do bring food for the lunch so it is a good idea to bring something. I'm not much of a cook so what ever I find on the way down is bought for the lunch. Was thinking of bringing a big box of Twin Bings since I'm from Sioux City and they are made here.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing the address is listed in this thread already. Maybe someone can bump it back up.

Just show up! Some of us will be there Friday

If you have admitted to having CAD then you have already paid entry to the GTG:hmm3grin2orange:

A lot of people do bring food for the lunch so it is a good idea to bring something. I'm not much of a cook so what ever I find on the way down is bought for the lunch. Was thinking of bringing a big box of Twin Bings since I'm from Sioux City and they are made here.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing the address is listed in this thread already. Maybe someone can bump it back up.

Just show up! Some of us will be there Friday

Thanks Struggle....
I've had CAD for years - just now learning how wide spread and deep rooted it is:msp_thumbsup:
I already Googled the address and mapped it. Will bring some goodies; the wife - among her other charms - is an awesome cook. See you all Saturday.
Cornfused

does anyone have a phone number to reach a DODGEGEEK by???? Need a minnesota favor! :)

The address to the GTG is on the first page about four posts down!

Thanks .. Cornfused

welcome fellow iowan:D
bring hungry saws,we have 18 logs set up ,plus 6 race cants.if that isnt enough we have 15 more we can set up:hmm3grin2orange:
there is some pics few pages back.
see ya sat.

The last three GTG's we didn't have race cants. Now its big time. I might have to get me one of them thar racin sawers younings ben brunging:laugh:

What are you trying to re-seed in the spring???
Orchard grass/clover???

Alfalfa/Brome over tilled ground. Most springs we are able to get a warm dry snap in late March/early April and get it in. This year we were clos ethen the rain came. Now it is basically getting too late but I am still willing to chance it

Hey Doug, Is there any way we could sweet talk your lovely wife into making a couple dozen of them peanut butter cookies for sat?

I have heard about these FAMOUS cookies from some Hedgefest attendees and would like to second or third the request for some of them.:msp_wub:
I do like me some Peanut Butter Cookies!:msp_biggrin:

Ron

Chris and I got most all the saws loaded tonight. All my old junks even started!!

One was kicking and screaming not wanting to oil but I got it going.

Just a warning, Chris dont believe much in little saws. :msp_biggrin:

what hedge ,no response:confused:

Sorry... Been filing a few chains... The logs should almost make the truck ride decent... :rock:
Did you get the Dodge back from the shop yet???
The old Ford only has 200,000 miles on it, so it hasn't had to visit the shop yet, but soon, I'm sure...???
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:msp_tongue:

Back