Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the awesome outhouse. Complete with heater, sink, magazine rack scrench handle to open it.

hyvygy2y.jpg

y8u3upyq.jpg

Also this poor guy after spending all his money on a nice RV can only afford to cut cookies with a Poulan Wild Thing

4e9uvuhy.jpg

Band width is not the greatest but we'll give it a go.

[video=youtube_share;1BT7VR5WZhU]http://youtu.be/1BT7VR5WZhU[/video]

Home safe in 5:00 flat, didn't get passed much :hmm3grin2orange: Cleaned up and headed back out the door.

Thanks again everyone for a great time!

I didn't get many pictures at all. Did get this video. Not sure on the shut down of the saw others can chime in on that.

[video=youtube_share;wLk_xGROS8M]http://youtu.be/wLk_xGROS8M[/video]

Big, BIG, BIG thanks to Mark, Ron, and Mike for all the work that went into this event. Weather turned out perfect, well maybe a bit too sunny at times as most of us came away with a bit of sunburn. Over 50 names were signed up and perhaps 300 saws in attendance. Plenty of wood in all sizes to cut, Hedgerow brought a nice stick of his namesake and gave all of us a chance to at least get a hint of what it would be like to cut real hardwood. One would be remiss to not mention the food, breakfast and lunch for this hungry crowd was spectacular.

We had a lot of fun cutting cookies all morning, wonderful door prizes, and a the raffle was fun too.

While the competitive boys were racing chains and saws in the afternoon some of the others (like me) had plenty of time to chat, run saws, tell stories, and generally enjoy the afternoon. I did not get lots and lots of photos but these should give you an inkling of the fun we had.

First up is a group photo with the sign that some of the guys prepared in advance (I think I heard Nathan and Matt, not sure who all else were involved).

attachment.php

Like big saws? We had a good representation of many both new and vintage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Welp, here's all I have.

pesusa9y.jpg

hapyhepa.jpg

mabepusy.jpg

I wanna say the low count for saws was just over 300? Not sure how many people we actually had there?

Wow guys, i.missed out. It was just too much to drive 900 miles yesterday and go to the gtg today. Im determined to make the next one! Is their going to be a fall gtg?

Sent from me to you using my fingers

Just a few more and I have to get ready to leave in the morning.

One of the most impressive saws and operators I saw all day, the old Poulan belongs to Chris (CBFarmall) with Mo Jim at the controls, that saw just flat out runs and cuts. 92cc's if I recall??

attachment.php

No GTG would be complete without at least on 621

attachment.php

Hedgerow making the up cut

attachment.php

What kind of a brute could grind a stump out with one of these?

attachment.php

Modified Mark modified his chain in one of the big oak logs, somehow the rest of up were able to miss any substantial obstructions in the big logs.

attachment.php

Later men,

Mark

For sure a huge thanks to the family for hosting us. There is alos a lot of outsider to the family that worked very hard for this event as well to go forward so hats off to you as well(several members that cut drug logs etc)

Had a great time as usual:rock:

Great to see old friends and meet new ones. I still can't look and Andy and Sarah without thinking of them sleeping with their saws in bed:laugh: and now I have been face to face with them.

Also great job on the shirts as well and great food.

looked like great fun!!!! alot of cookies falling out there, and the sighn is awsome Chad!!!!
alot of nice saws too!!! :biggrin:

I didn't get many pictures at all. Did get this video. Not sure on the shut down of the saw others can chime in on that.

[video=youtube_share;wLk_xGROS8M]http://youtu.be/wLk_xGROS8M[/video]

We'll call that hiccup a combination of new operator learning curve and some dang tough wood. It got better as the day went by.

Chris B.

Had a great time yesterday. No shortage of good friends, time, food, fun, and plenty of saws and wood to mess around with. A thank you to all who put this together and thanks to everyone who attended. I've got some pictures I'll try to get up here later.

Looks like a great time. Was good to see everyone that I met at Hedgerows. Where and when is the next one to be held?

Back