Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looked like great fun!!!!

+1 wish I could have made it up myself.

alot of cookies falling out there, and the sighn is awsome Chad!!!!
alot of nice saws too!!! :biggrin:

Thanks! Oh and thanks to Matt and Levi for getting the sign up there! Maybe I'll make it to the next one!

Thank you Hoskey family and Mike and all the others who helped put on a fantastic gtg...
About to KC... I'll check back in later...

Good afternoon folks,stayed in Redding Ia. last night and will be here untill tomorrow sometime. Just wanted to thank the Hosky family and Mike for hosting another great GTG. I had a great time,made some new friends and got to spend some time visting with old ones. I was a little sickly at Hedgefest,but I was back to being my grouchly old self this weekend.:msp_smile: Again Kudos to everyone who helped to make this GTG a huge success,great weather,great food and great people. I only ran two of my saws,but I ran a lot of other members saws. I enjoyed running some cool old iron that I hadn't ran before and will never get a chance to own.
On a side note,I had a little chat with two Ringold county mounties about midnight,they said I was speeding,they checked me out and turned me loose with a warning to slow it down. I also had to explain what a chainsaw gtg was.

I'm going to try to post some pics, but first I must say that this was a wonderful event. You couldn't have had better hosts than the Hoskey's. Ron and Mark along with Mike are just the standard to which all others should strive to achieve. The food was out of this world and there was plenty of it. When you looked around there were so many saws that you'd think that no tree was safe for a hundred miles, but you just needed to look north and see enough trees to keep everyone busy. Lots of good people and fun times. JR

Nathan and his frost berry bar
View attachment 292803

Shaun playing a bagpipe, I think
View attachment 292804

Mitch with a bow, never did see any arrows
View attachment 292805

Greg (tall guy) looking for a saw to run
View attachment 292806

+1 wish I could have made it up myself.

Thanks! Oh and thanks to Matt and Levi for getting the sign up there! Maybe I'll make it to the next one!

thank you to everyone that was involved in this:rock:

the sign is wonderful:D:D,will display with pride!

a very big thanks goes out to mike roush and his cousins for smoking the meat,and for helping me pick up cookies this morning:rock::rock:

another big thanks to roush and jonsered raket for donating the pork.:rock::rock::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:,that meat was exelle:msp_wub::msp_wub:nt

No GTG would be complete without at least on 621

attachment.php

:agree2:

This will be the last for a while. Hey Mark H. I got the SP125 home and was about to put it away and thought what the heck, a couple more pulls won't hurt. It popped on the second pull, and a few more and it was running fine, or at least as fine as it ever has. You worked your magic on it, we just didn't give it enough time to kick in.
J R

Mark, Ray and the boys
View attachment 292847

cbfarmall cuts and Jeff supervises
View attachment 292848

Mark is thinking that Mac made a better one
View attachment 292849

Ron Hoskey thinking "what have I got myself into?"
View attachment 292850

Nathan working on a chain

Doug (sam-tip) with a scary 3120
View attachment 292851

Doug with the 3120 and a bar about twice as long as him, that my friends is a BAR

Just want to say thanks to all involved with putting on this GTG, it was great and I had a good time.

Got to see some people I met before, met some new people and am sorry that I didnt get to meet and talk to all that were there. To those I didnt get to meet and talk to, hopefully I will get the chance again.

I just come in from the post GTG ritual of cleaning, sharpening, draining and putting saws away. I think I took too many. :laugh:

Got a few pictures, but always seem to get too busy running saws and visiting to get enough of them taken. Here are a few of them.

Here is the bunch that Chris and I brought. Its good having him for a friend and he is close enough I can run his really neat bunch of saws myself pretty often.

attachment.php

Mike and his "thing a ma bob" moving someones trailer.

attachment.php

Mark and his son Jeff with the Mac display.

attachment.php

Lots of logs here!!

attachment.php

Chris giving the mighty Pioneer 850 a run.

attachment.php

Back