Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you wonder why your shít gets deleted?

What did/do you do for a living? How would you like it if I went onto a type of forum where you made your living and professed about how it was all smoke and mirrors, and how it wasn’t worth spending money on? I’m one of the few in this business that guarantees 100% satisfaction on everything I touch and have a customer base to prove it. I’m not on here promoting my own stuff saying I’m better than the next guy, that’s what the saws are for and I let them speak for themselves. There’s not one word from me blabbing bs in my YT vids trying to scrape up customers, views and clicks.

But you’re right, I do lack patience for your flavor of bullshít
I see you've met the social justice warrior of AS

You need to talk to the former
east coast hotsaws101 representative
Until hotsaws101 found out he was calling himself that.
Fabz aka blackcat performance
He offered strap on performance muffler kits
And RAZER CHAINS tm.llc
It was all in the muffler and chain he said 40% gains
That was until he got his first ported saw then it was all about porting.

Yeah, I skipped the entire Muffler Mod frenzy. It was suppose to cure all things chainsaw and many things having nothing to do with chainsaws. It was great when it was in full effect and working. I'm sure many peoples lives have been improved, even people that don't own a chainsaw, nor having even touched one. The muffler mods were that powerful. :yes:

Yeah, I skipped the entire Muffler Mod frenzy. It was suppose to cure all things chainsaw and many things having nothing to do with chainsaws. It was great when it was in full effect and working. I'm sure many peoples lives have been improved, even people that don't own a chainsaw, nor having even touched one. The muffler mods were that powerful. 
A modest muffler mod is a a good idea with any saw as it allows them to run cooler and it does also make more power. Some saws like the Stihl 260 and 361 run terrible when left stock.

A modest muffler mod is a a good idea with any saw as it allows them to run cooler and it does also make more power. Some saws like the Stihl 260 and 361 run terrible when left stock.
Echo CS400 is another candidate for a muffler mod from the get go , impressive little saw once it gets to really breath !

Newer saws with strato engines are pretty good when it comes to muffler port size, the last of the non srtato saws were terrible, the 660 comes to mind with the pencil size port. Not all saws gained much from a MM, most did, espically in the early to mid 2000's

Once I tried tinkering with a farm saw which is very close to the p41. I raised the exhaust, gasket delete and husky 55 coil(I don't recall the numbers). Once started it runs good but it takes a lot of pulling to start it. Im far from who you want to get porting advise from. I still have a lot to learn. Just a weekend hack in training but wanted to share my experience with the old pioneers and porting.
I know I have spoken with many experienced builders with excellent history of proven skills and they for the most part all say they simply cannot do much with the older high end saws. I tend to believe them. That is in no way a slam to anyone building saws today. I have a lot of Stihl 090 and Contra S jugs here that were ported and raced by a high level racer in the 60's and 70'. It will scare a guy what was done but that was just to have a race cut. I have a 820 bender here with 3 carbs as that is what you had to do to mod them. Today great builders get great results from "stuffed up saws"

Are you sure you are remembering the right guy? Russ never ported saws.
If I got it right Russ was near Canada and at one time was helping get saws back and forth to Ed to reduce shipping costs. Unfortunately I can't go back and look at all the names, all that was lost in the hack. I could have the name mixed up, again this was like 18 years ago.

If I got it right Russ was near Canada and at one time was helping get saws back and forth to Ed to reduce shipping costs. Unfortunately I can't go back and look at all the names, all that was lost in the hack. I could have the name mixed up, again this was like 18 years ago.
Russ lived near Rochester, NY which is quit a haul from Haliburton, ON where Ed lived.
I've know him for quit a few years and he is about as honest as they come as far as I know.

Russ lived near Rochester, NY which is quit a haul from Haliburton, ON where Ed lived.
I've know him for quit a few years and he is about as honest as they come as far as I know.
Russ lives in Syracuse.....has been there a long time. I have known Russ for almost 20 yrs. He has always been a straight shooter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back