Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Andyshine himself that brought up Ed‘s name, no one else. He should learn to keep his comments to himself!
I will comment when ever I want to and how ever I want, you fanboys are alway a trip. The info on who IH burned is all over another site for anyone to see.

BBR lives in Vancouver Island. Houses there are crazy expensive the guy doesnt need anymore cash. The fact that he does those super chats and wont respond unless hes fronted money or gets like OH MY GAWD FRIENDS! Basically diarrhea of the mouth when someone gives him cash is sickening. He should be adamantly refusing money from his followers not berating them for not giving him even more cash. This guy is ok with people spending what little money they have and possibly giving it to him over feeding their family a meal because they desperately want their question answered by BBR. I'm not saying the guy cant file or he doesn't know what hes doing. I however do not agree with how he conducts himself and has no problem scamming people out of their money for his sole benefit. Selling Tshirts autographs axes online no problem with that hes setting a price and people are free to buy it at that cost. But taking money from people to answer a question that's pretty low in my opinion.

BBR lives in Vancouver Island. Houses there are crazy expensive the guy doesnt need anymore cash. The fact that he does those super chats and wont respond unless hes fronted money or gets like OH MY GAWD FRIENDS! Basically diarrhea of the mouth when someone gives him cash is sickening. He should be adamantly refusing money from his followers not berating them for not giving him even more cash. This guy is ok with people spending what little money they have and possibly giving it to him over feeding their family a meal because they desperately want their question answered by BBR. I'm not saying the guy cant file or he doesn't know what hes doing. I however do not agree with how he conducts himself and has no problem scamming people out of their money for his sole benefit. Selling Tshirts autographs axes online no problem with that hes setting a price and people are free to buy it at that cost. But taking money from people to answer a question that's pretty low in my opinion.
You quoted his followers and BBR has plenty of them so it looks like Billy is leading a flock and as History shows the leaders will benefit from the followers but who benefits from youtube content the people watching it or paying for it or both? I dont know who gives him money or where it ends up, I have been told a lot goes to charities ,personally I give my money to charities of my own choosing so its a personal choice as is giving money to you tube influencers which I dont care to do. As for I.H I would not be sending a saw to him, yet again personal choice .

You quoted his followers and BBR has plenty of them so it looks like Billy is leading a flock and as History shows the leaders will benefit from the followers but who benefits from youtube content the people watching it or paying for it or both? I dont know who gives him money or where it ends up, I have been told a lot goes to charities ,personally I give my money to charities of my own choosing so its a personal choice as is giving money to you tube influencers which I dont care to do. As for I.H I would not be sending a saw to him, yet again personal choice .
I highly doubt he gives any that money towards charity. After a couple of live chats if he was legit he would just promote XYZ charity. That's all profit of the dirtiest kind.

I agree
Like there's honest outlaw the gun reviewer
promotes a youth shelter in ames Iowa in every video

I highly doubt he gives any that money towards charity. After a couple of live chats if he was legit he would just promote XYZ charity. That's all profit of the dirtiest kind.

You would have to be special kind of stupid to give money to BBR or any influencer for that matter.

I don’t watch BBR’s videos much and it seems every so often he is promoting several different charities that help homeless or at risk youth and talk about money going to those, or to help people get tree work done that can’t pay for it. Honestly, everyone has choices they make. I watch him much less than I used to, but learned a lot about filing, and being willing to to use a longer bar and other things I might not have tried for years. My 13 year old son watched one of his axe filing videos, having never sharpened any axe. A few days later I bought an old double bit axe and Silas started filing it. With only a teeny bit of input he sharpened it better than I could have. (Maybe slight exaggeration) he then started to hand file hatchets and the other axe we never used for splitting. Till then I only used a wood splitter because I didn’t have a maul. My 14, 13 and 9 year old boys all started splitting wood on their own accord(safely). We went down to my parents and Silas sharpened my dads axe and maul there and the boys split dads wood. My dad later sent his boys axe to my 9 year old, who is now ten(birthday) so he would have something his own size.
Today we had a nice warm day, and my 8 year old son has been bugging me about learning to split wood. So today we went out with the boys axe and all I did was watch him and teach him and watch and pick out small pieces that he could split without too much discouragement.
At noon the chiefs played, and my 12 year old daughter did not want to listen to that on the radio. So she went out with some of the boys that weren’t listening and they taught her how to split wood. She spent 2-3 hours and made quite a pile.

Super long post and sorry. I split tons of wood years ago by hand in Teen challenge. That changed my life. I love it. But never made a point to get good axes or mauls because of cost and needing to split lots of wood fast as possible with wood splitter. Basically, Buckin is responsible for the older children getting into axemanship, splitting by hand and hand filing. Also, using tools you already have. I have just been blessed and I am one proud dad.

Buckin isn’t perfect, but neither are we. There are things that people wouldn’t like about us I am sure. Do I wish he would not promote IH. Yes. Have I long since unsubscribed from IH yes. Have we gone off track a few times on this thread….maybe. We just need a little kindness and love here….LOL perfect way to end my train tonight…….Friends. (I am not a BBR fanboy by the way, just think we can learn from almost anyone) Be kind….LOL

And I hope IH will learn some lessons and BBR separates from promotion of him.

And for those that dont want to read all that lol. The short version.
I don’t watch BBR much but have heard him talk about several charities he supports and mentioned the money going there and to help others.
Through one video that taught one son how to file an axe. We went from only using the wood splitter, to my 5 oldest children enjoying splitting wood with axes on their own accord(not being told to go split wood. Their ages are 14 and younger and one is a girl. She just started today.

So I am grateful to BBR.

Then I used some of his favorite kind sayings which was probably a little antagonistic, but I felt it was appropriate because of how many are dogging on him and we need to show some grace to each other.

Then I just said a lesson for IH would be good.

Summary over.

Gabriel

My two cents BBR , over the top sure , knowledgeable feller yep , can sharpen chains & make & recondition axes . Mechanically , no world beater . Knows his way around his saws & can tune them properly . Also a virtual salesman . He has had his demons , apparently has seen the light . Has found a new source of income or revenue on Utube . As far as IH not overly impressed with his offerings , prefer Tinmans dialogue & hands on much better !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back