Is $750 Too Much For A 346XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Similar to custom guns, one persons treasure may not be the same unless it meets the perfect buyer with the exact same wants.

:agree2: It's rare when the resale price of a customized item (car, gun, guitar, whatever) will recoup the cost of the upgrades/modifications. I don't know, but maybe saws are different?

The unstated but thinly veiled/clearly implied message in this thread, at least from a few posters, is "Is this saw really worth this much just because A. Certain Builder did the modifications?". At one time the chainsaw forum here at ArboristSite was plagued by fights, very ugly dirty fights, between certain builders and their respective cheerleaders (I could use followers, but cheerleaders is much more accurate). I hope that we're not seeing the return of the builder wars.

New saw w/16" B&C - $465
Mods - $250
Unlimited coil - $40
TOTAL - $755

If it's not worth $250 for you to own/run a ported saw, then simply run a stock one. No one's holding a gun to your head to make you buy one. $250 is the going rate for these types of mods.

I usually don't read these threads and don't believe I have ever commented to one. This one just seems too funny. I've seen countless threads where people are excited to say they have just a purchased a brand new saw. Maybe they get a 346XPNE for $500. They then say they are going to send it to be Snellerized or wherever for porting.

It goes without saying there will be a cost of porting + 2-way shipping. They pay the husky dealer $500, UPS $50 and Brad $250. Each of these costs is a reasonable individual cost in their mind. But heaven forbid that one person adds those costs together and tells you the number. Now that's just ridiculous!! $750, are you crazy?? Some people would much rather pay $500+$50+$250 and save the money. You're not going to pull the wool over this guy's eyes Mr. Snelling:laugh:

I'm tempted to buy the saw just for chits and giggles...Could you invoice me in three separate installments?? $450,$50 and $250?? I'd rather not know the total cost, thanks.

..... $750, are you crazy?? Some people would much rather pay $500+$50+$250 and save the money. You're not going to pull the wool over this guy's eyes Mr. Snelling:laugh:

I'm tempted to buy the saw just for chits and giggles...Could you invoice me in three separate installments?? $450,$50 and $250?? I'd rather not know the total cost, thanks.

Right, except it would be 2x shipping, as I understand it.

I find the offer rather tempting, even considering freight and tax over here - but it isn't an xpg.....

Head, nose, ears, crack, carpet, everything........

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Swd-VnLVwhY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Swd-VnLVwhY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Right, except it would be 2x shipping, as I understand it.

I find the offer rather tempting, even considering freight and tax over here - but it isn't an xpg.....

Probably $50 to get it one-way to Canada. Either way, I don't want to know the total cost. Trying to keep the cost of this transaction low. :hmm3grin2orange:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Swd-VnLVwhY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Swd-VnLVwhY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Been using that stuff for years. Get it monthly from my Avon rep.

New saw w/16" B&C - $465
Mods - $250
Unlimited coil - $40
TOTAL - $755

If it's not worth $250 for you to own/run a ported saw, then simply run a stock one. No one's holding a gun to your head to make you buy one. $250 is the going rate for these types of mods.

+1. I personally would never spend this amount of coin on a saw of this size. Not worth it to ME. I am perfectly fine with stock saws and could get a 7900 with some PPE for that coin. Howerver there are other people who would and be grinning from ear to ear to let it rip. Why all the hoopla about the price the guy is asking? It's a free market. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If he sells it, good for him. If he doesn't, then he has his time and $ tied up into it. That's his choice to make.

holly smokes $450-500 for a new 346xp i went to my local husky dealer after getting some parts and asked them what they sell a 346xp at, it would be about $900 after taxes with a 16" b&c so $750 with all the mods etc sounds pretty good tho i couldnt justify that amount just for a 50cc saw anyways.

+1. I personally would never spend this amount of coin on a saw of this size. Not worth it to ME. I am perfectly fine with stock saws and could get a 7900 with some PPE for that coin. Howerver there are other people who would and be grinning from ear to ear to let it rip. Why all the hoopla about the price the guy is asking? It's a free market. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If he sells it, good for him. If he doesn't, then he has his time and $ tied up into it. That's his choice to make.

I've sold quite a few of them like this. So that's not a question. I just don't usually have one in inventory to advertise for sale. I typically order them after someone requests one and has paid for it.

Well, I always wanted a ported 346xp only problem is the 750. I think it's a fair price just don't have it. Question is DOES BRAD HAVE A LAY AWAY PLAN!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange: i think I might be able to do a hundy for the next seven and a half months. That would have to start after Christmas;)

Back