Is $750 Too Much For A 346XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you pay $1015 for a 372? Or, would you pay $1140 for a 390XP. Or would you rather have a MS261 for $805? See, I'm not making you pay $750 for a 346. You have lots of options:hmm3grin2orange: Guys do.

considering your location.............

one is in the tradin post on here for $750.00 seems kinda high,maybe its a mistake and thats the price for two of them?

it sounds like a fair price.stuff is usually higher in Here.maybe you should move to There,stuff is about half the cost of Here.Lower taxes and no free healthcare in There.

New saw w/16" B&C - $465
Mods - $250
Unlimited coil - $40
TOTAL - $755

If it's not worth $250 for you to own/run a ported saw, then simply run a stock one. No one's holding a gun to your head to make you buy one. $250 is the going rate for these types of mods.

That is a good price on a 346. The local dealers in my area want $500-$520. That was a year ago when I got mine. I dare bet the price is up $10-$20 today.

I usually don't read these threads and don't believe I have ever commented to one. This one just seems too funny. I've seen countless threads where people are excited to say they have just a purchased a brand new saw. Maybe they get a 346XPNE for $500. They then say they are going to send it to be Snellerized or wherever for porting.

It goes without saying there will be a cost of porting + 2-way shipping. They pay the husky dealer $500, UPS $50 and Brad $250. Each of these costs is a reasonable individual cost in their mind. But heaven forbid that one person adds those costs together and tells you the number. Now that's just ridiculous!! $750, are you crazy?? Some people would much rather pay $500+$50+$250 and save the money. You're not going to pull the wool over this guy's eyes Mr. Snelling:laugh:

I'm tempted to buy the saw just for chits and giggles...Could you invoice me in three separate installments?? $450,$50 and $250?? I'd rather not know the total cost, thanks.

You forgot to add the unlimited coil in there.;)

So I think $750 for a new ported 346 is a good deal.

New saw w/16" B&C - $465
Mods - $250
Unlimited coil - $40
TOTAL - $755

If it's not worth $250 for you to own/run a ported saw, then simply run a stock one. No one's holding a gun to your head to make you buy one. $250 is the going rate for these types of mods.

does a pop up piston come with your port job or is that extra?

Man, I wish my tools for work were that cheap. I got probably 10 times that invested in my tools so I can work.

BTW. Harry Barker is a **********.

:agree2: I get kinda bored with the same ole dissin people and shiet talk about Stihl.

Dude get a life. Are you here to discuss and learn about chainsaws, or you here to bug the crap out of everyone? Youre pretty lame IMO. I see your name down there so I know you're reading this and laughing. I find it weird that you get your jollies off on agrravating a bunch of men on a chainsaw forum. :laugh:

I have to say though, that if I wanted a ported saw, I would shuck out that change. I do plan on having some of mine done as well as doing a few myself. Like the man said though, if you don't want to pay whats asked then don't pay it. That goes with any market.

Last edited:
:agree2: I get kinda bored with the same ole dissin people and shiet talk about Stihl.

Dude get a life. Are you here to discuss and learn about chainsaws, or you here to bug the crap out of everyone? Youre pretty lame IMO. I see your name down there so I know you're reading this and laughing. I find it weird that you get your jollies off on agrravating a bunch of men on a chainsaw forum. :laugh:

I have to say though, that if I wanted a ported saw, I would shuck out that change. I do plan on having some of mine done as well as doing a few myself. Like the man said though, if you don't want to pay whats asked then don't pay it. That goes with any market.

What exactly is the difference between Parrisw calling HB a DB and you calling Parris 'pretty lame'? If you don't like the tone, better to not go there yourself, imo. This thread started as troll bait, remarkable anything meaningful at all came from it.

Dang it Anthony !!!
If you're not gonna keep score correctly , well then stay on the porch with the little dogs...

officially its:
"trolls" 12
"DB's" 6

it's late in the 4th qtr of this game and "trolls" have the ball on the 20.....

hehee !!!

:hmm3grin2orange:

I got lost back on page 2 man!

:sucks:

I hear ya Bro....but NOTHIN beats a good chic fight on the innernet !!!!

somethin must be wrong with my meds 'cause I love the hair pullin and name callin and all the "my dad can beat up your dad stuff" !!!

Where is "space" when ya need him??

LOL, he prolly over at the Ceramic Doll forum pestering all the doll collectors half to death. ;)

Latest posts

Back