is cub cadet any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty close Scott; it was 1981.

The cheap CC trimmers are JUNK, and you should stay away from them. Most Cub dealers don't even sell them, don't have parts, and don't want to work on them. Also, they are not made by Efco. Just because Efco makes the saws is no reason to assume that they are doing the trimmers.

If you want to get a trimmer that you are going to be very happy with, and at the same time take yourself out of the trimmer market for the next 20 years or more, (because it's that good), then get yourself a Red Max TR2301. Best trimmer on the planet. :cheers:

I knew it was round the time that CASE bought International

Scott

Let me add that the TR2301 sells for $250, so it's not all that pricey. Also, I bring them in by the pallet load, and I've yet to file a single warranty on one. :clap:

if only you people where closer to me lol then i'd let u try my stihl FS90R, it was recommend to me by one of my fathers friends as he has been doing commerical lawn care for the previous 25 years and he told me that stihl was the only way to go when it came to trimmers (brushcutters) as there clutches actually lasted proper commerical use. my property is 500 acres and i swear by the fs90r you just cant stop it!!! i understand they aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

swamp ive always used electric in the past. everytime i drag out all the cords get em untangled im pissed off before i even begin lol. yes my yard is small so the only time it will get really worked over is if i take it to my parents house.

spike,mmmmmmmm well i hear you may or may not been known to ship an occasional saw. i suspect this may include trimmers too then. i wish you were closer to me buddy. actually thats probly better that your not lol.

I have a pre-MTD Cub Cadet 1450 14 hp. tractor....engine on it's last legs, but still runs good...MTD took ove that line in the 80's.

Anyone here own a J-Red trimmer?

Pretty close Scott; it was 1981.

The cheap CC trimmers are JUNK, and you should stay away from them. Most Cub dealers don't even sell them, don't have parts, and don't want to work on them. Also, they are not made by Efco. Just because Efco makes the saws is no reason to assume that they are doing the trimmers.

If you want to get a trimmer that you are going to be very happy with, and at the same time take yourself out of the trimmer market for the next 20 years or more, (because it's that good), then get yourself a Red Max TR2301. Best trimmer on the planet. :cheers:

yea spike i am thinking of becoming a red max dealer down in my area all they have is stihls so a little competition will help out

of course that will be after i get restarted

also thinking on tanaka dealership

Swamp & H455R,
This Stihl shop has been highly recommended and just about everyone that met & I know goes here for Stihl products:
Beaver Brook Saw Shop
314 Huntington Road Route 14
Scotland, CT 06264
(860) 456-8062

Beaver Brook has been repairing carbs for around $25 for the people I know, turning them around very fast. Turning a Stihl small tiller carb rebuild around in a day for a farmer I know, loves that tiller for weeding his gardens. Helped my buddy out with a seized 036 and got him fitted into a new 361 at a great price. Most people are going out of their way to this shop.

Moving back out this way 3 years ago, I have been looking a good shop.

Gano's great service, but everything in colchester cost a little more. Was on the way home from a development we were working at.

Bozrah they just took forever to get a repair done and prices are set in the computer for my account anyway, I understand they need to keep the lights on but I need to put food on the table too (out equipment for a month is not making me any money and no discount for the length repair time). Would not sell me parts to upgrade my 026 to 16" 3/8 full chisel. They have been great ordering other parts that I needed for other equipment. Will continue to order some parts but may be at Beaver Brook for future Stihl repair issues.

Then again Al & Son (860) 423-1339 has been great to have an account with, Dolmar 7900 purchase. He still repairs and has old Polan parts, Solo, Dolmar & Efco. He has been great on everything and everyone I've recomended his way. Good turn around on repairs, and reasonable on prices. Check with him on used weedwacker, he had a couple around the shop last time in there. Honest gent and recommended BeverBrook for Stihl repairs, that is an agreement between the dealers on products.

I try to support local business as much as possible. It helps to keep our local community's going.

yea spike i am thinking of becoming a red max dealer down in my area all they have is stihls so a little competition will help out

of course that will be after i get restarted

also thinking on tanaka dealership

In today economy I would look into Husky as a competitor, with Red Max &/or Tanaka as a possible second/third line(s).

It just seems to be a more recognized name brand. Until the other companies get a better marketing campaigns going, they stay on the shelf a little longer. Echo & Efco seem to be making the latest marketing moves.

Just my .02. on research conducted & observations.

Good luck with your Business.

In today economy I would look into Husky as a competitor, with Red Max &/or Tanaka as a possible second/third line(s).

It just seems to be a more recognized name brand. Until the other companies get a better marketing campaigns going, they stay on the shelf a little longer. Echo & Efco seem to be making the latest marketing moves.

Just my .02. on research conducted & observations.

Good luck with your Business.

My Redmax dealer here has the same. Husky signs in front, other brands inside. He gets to do all of the Husky warranty work from Lowe's and TSC .

He also deals in Toro and Grasshopper.

What kind of deal would Husky work now that they own Red Max? May be able to get another one or two of their brands as well. Tanaka would have to be a side brand, and Kawasaki stuff is great as well from what I hear.

wishie
ive never been to beaver brook yet. swamp has been trying to get me there for quite a while. it just seems something pops up everytime i think i get a chance to go. im up in north grosvenordale (thompson) you prolly know the 2 dealers right by me. im about done with the husky guy. well i wouldnt go there for service anymore that is.

Wishie22

Have a full line Stihl dealer 3 miles from my house. Been traveling 40 miles round trip to see Jason anytime I need anything Stihl for years. Don't know about west of the river, but east of the river, I agree there's absolutely nobody better at Stihl sales and repair.

Take Care

wishie
ive never been to beaver brook yet. swamp has been trying to get me there for quite a while. it just seems something pops up everytime i think i get a chance to go. im up in north grosvenordale (thompson) you prolly know the 2 dealers right by me. im about done with the husky guy. well i wouldnt go there for service anymore that is.

Live in Uncasville myself, but as you have mentioned. Good service may be worth the 25 min drive. Give Al at (Al&Son's little shop in his garage, retired machinist, small sign with a small chainsaw out front, GPS the add if you can I drove by the first time) call he had a couple of older weedeaters (little buggers run for a long time) and other used weedwackers at his shop may let go for the repair costs. He does stand by his repairs. Stop by Beaverbrook on your way there and check out the place they are adds. for Timberwolf splitters. With the Economy money has been tight and slow.

Maybe we can meet up one day meet the faces behind the handles.

Wishie22

Have a full line Stihl dealer 3 miles from my house. Been traveling 40 miles round trip to see Jason anytime I need anything Stihl for years. Don't know about west of the river, but east of the river, I agree there's absolutely nobody better at Stihl sales and repair.

Take Care

That is what most say, once you go that's were you keep going. ABC is out of Tolland and that is where they go. Their reputation precedes them. Wow did they just get some free add.

Back