is it time for a new saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you figure?

Hi bwalker, I don`t know how you figure the 046 weighs the same as the 044? If so, why wouldn`t Stihl advertise that? Mine weren`t the same weights, you could tell by lifting them. Anyway, glad you finally decided on a saw, hope it`s all you are looking for. Russ

Hi bwalker, I don`t know how you figure the 046 weighs the same as the 044? If so, why wouldn`t Stihl advertise that?
Good question.Mike Rupley and Ken Dunn both told me that in actual use the weight differance is very slight and no where near the pound that Stihl lists. Dunno why stihl list it the way they do.

Hey lets ask Stihl Tec, why a manufacture would promote his product as being heaver than it really is, maybe Husky has the wrong idea with lighter,faster and more fuel efficient. Stihls new idea, heaver gas hog and poor performance, no wonder Husqvarna is selling more product. If I'am going to pack more weight.... let it be a Buick V8. " Big John Lambert "

saws

It does weigh more, but i never have any complaints about it. When 046 came out, 3/4 of the operators traded within a month. Sure was nice to have all those 044s to sell. It is still my top pro saw seller.

Wow, that was about the quickest response I,ve ever seen...... you can kick my dog, slap my face, slander my name all over the place.....But don,t you step on my orange and white Stihl.

maybe Husky has the wrong idea with lighter,faster and more fuel efficient. Stihls new idea, heaver gas hog and poor performance, no
Please... Compare the 046 to the 385. Almost identical hp and the stihl weighs two lbs less. 044/372 are about even, same for the 026/346. Both make good saws period. I went with stihl mostly because I got a awesome deal(046,24'' bar and rs chain for $600) and I have always used em. I ran a freinds 372xp and thought it was a great saw also. I would and probaly will own a husky in the futrure, in fact Im eyeing up a 346 xpg right now. Point of the whole thing. Both make ???? good saws period. The brand loyal, i can piss longer than you, my ford will stomp your chevy crap is assinine and only goes to show how feeble minded some people are.

Arf Arf , its obvious Rupedoggie sold another saw............... man this is great..... assinine or not got your goat.......he he he, ya got a good buy. Jon

Hi Jon, Ole Mike is selling saws like hotcakes, well I say good for him. Did you get those 10 cases of NevRDull that I sent you? I think Art and Ken want a couple of cases to.
Tell Mike that I found seven 2100's for him in exchange for those funky glasses he wears when he square files. I just knew there had to be a simple trick to it all.
Big John Lambert

Neverdull And 2100's

Hello Big John,

Nice guy john, giving away my 2100 husky's. I think mike(rupedoggy) wears those strange glasses because he's almost blind in one eye and cant hear out of the other. I know when he files without them we have to help him put his chain on backwards because he files from the back of the tooth and thats the only way it will cut.
ken

Ya, I noticed that Ken, Huh eh. Thats why I gave him the Nevr Dull. Ole Mike means well though, I know that for sure when he went to Dennis's shop to help someone out with their saw. He told me to gaurd his cooler of beer and not give out a single can to anyone unless they wanted one. Mike said he'd be over to your place and give you your choice of 3 of the 7 2100's, only because he knows your a good guy.
John

Ya know...I searched my field high and low for them d@mn glasses just in case one of the Rupleys dropped them...but all i found was old beer cans and a set of rusty vice grips...Jon or Mike...did you lose those?? trade ya for them darn glasses if my chains cut like that!!

so Llamabert...where am I sending those other 4 tin ring piston 2100's??

Hi bwalker, you did indeed get a great price on your saw, many happy hours to you with it. Comparing the 046 to the 385 isn`t exactly right however. Somebody correct me if I`m wrong here, but wasn`t the 046 rated at 5.7hp when it first came out? Ran nearly neck to neck with the 372, with an ever so slight edge going to the 046. I know this because I ran `em when they were both new( well actually was the 371). So what did Stihl do to boost hp to 6 on the 046, that I see listed on their site? Furthermore, the 046 was a slow revver. I know what they did to fix that, they went to explosive plastic flywheels, lol. The 385 is one pound heavier than the 046, and for only having a spec`d horsepower advantage of .3hp, it`s in a whole different class. Loads more torque and it will get up and talk. That`s why I endorsed the test drive of all models in question. Armchair shopping doesn`t normally work with chainsaws although you did ultimately pick a good saw, I would probably have picked an 044 if it were to be a Stihl. This isn`t "my brand is better than your brand" spouting off, just asking you to compare accurately. BTW, the 046 appears to be the best selling Stihl Pro in this area of NY, second in total volume, by a very close margin, to the 372. In talking with Madsen`s about a year ago, the person I was speaking with indicated the same scenario in their area. Russ

Hi again, bwalker. I don`t mean to cast any doubt on your choice, I can`t see where you will be disappointed and my primary beef with the 046 is the price differential that NORMALLY exists between it and the 044. You got an excellent deal and you should be very happy! Bet you can`t wait for that brown truck to pull up in front of your house, almost as good as The Prize Patrol! Russ

Latest posts

Back