is my splitter going into second stage?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no audio here but it looked fine?
yes it worked with me on and off on the valve to let pressure build up between lunges. The audio tells it all though on the engine bogging. Maybe this much is normal. if i didnt keep letting off the lever though it would have stalled in the first video.

Last edited:
If there was a pressure gauge on the system you would see that the only time there is pressure is when resistance exists. As soon as the control lever goes to nuetral pressure will be "0". The pump is working fine but the relief setting in the control valve is set just a touch too high.

If there was a pressure gauge on the system you would see that the only time there is pressure is when resistance exists. As soon as the control lever goes to nuetral pressure will be "0". The pump is working fine but the relief setting in the control valve is set just a touch too high.
thanks. you said turn it counterclockwise 1/8 turn right?

Yes, turning the adjustment screw counter-clock wise will decrease the relief pressure. But without a gauge to tell pressure, the amount of adjustment will be trail and error so only make small adjustments at a time.

Yes, turning the adjustment screw counter-clock wise will decrease the relief pressure. But without a gauge to tell pressure, the amount of adjustment will be trail and error so only make small adjustments at a time.

i turned it 1/8 turn tonight. that made a a big differance in some nasty twisted rock elm. i might try another 1/8 turn tomorrow. thanks alot!

Latest posts

Back