Is this a deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purdyite

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a Stihl 029 Super at a pawn shop, plastic looks really good, sprocket worn some, but it has a 25" Rollomatic bar and nearly new chain. I already have a 361 I could use the bar/chain on, and thinking I might swap them if I get it. Question--for this unit, is $250 fair assuming the P/C is good? They won't dicker on the price, that's the out-the-door price.

It's hard to trust pawn shop saws. Some people that hate pawn shops know enough about saws to intentionally burn them with a dying saw. They fire it up and it runs for about the last time it'll ever run and they say "ok it runs, we'll buy it". Then they tell you "it ran when it came in or we wouldn't have bought it".

Hmmm...ok thanks. I intend to use it, not sell it. Sounds like I better keep looking. I'm in the market for a bigger saw, upwards of 70-80 cc, but they are rare around here. And I'm cheap.

If the saw looks clean otherwise it is probably a legitimate buy versus something that has clearly been abused before sale.

Too high as far as I'm concerned. With a 25 on it I would wonder if it's had an 039 block installed. Still not worth $250/to me but it might pull that 25 no problem.

Latest posts

Back