Is this flywheel good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harley if kill switch and wire are eliminated, and known good coils are tried, still no spark. What next?
Real question and not just fishin.
The coil must be properly grounded to the cylinder. With electronic modules, the coil ground wire is connected to the coil legs which are in turn connected to the cylinder through the coil mounts. Must not be any high resistance contacts anywhere in the path from the coil legs to the spark plug hole.

Must not be any high resistance contacts anywhere in the path from the coil legs to the spark plug hole

Are you saying there can be high resistance where the coil mounts or the cylinder mounts?

Not trying to argue just learn.

On the saw in my mind. Known coils, spark plugs, kill switches, wiring have been tried and still no spark.
I found another fly wheel to try but did not yet hear back from the saw owner. When I do I'll reply.

Must not be any high resistance contacts anywhere in the path from the coil legs to the spark plug hole

Are you saying there can be high resistance where the coil mounts or the cylinder mounts?

Not trying to argue just learn.

On the saw in my mind. Known coils, spark plugs, kill switches, wiring have been tried and still no spark.
I found another fly wheel to try but did not yet hear back from the saw owner. When I do I'll reply.
When the secondary voltage of the coil fires the plug, the energy has to have a ground return path back to the ground of the coil. Plug threads--cylinder--cylinder bolts to base--base to coil mounts--mounts through contact with coil legs and mount screws. No amount of readable resistance is allowed in any of these contact points. Usually not a problem but if the coil is mounted on a plastic part of the saw, there must be a good ground source from the coil back to the cylinder.

I was talking to the mechanic at My local Husqvarna dealer the other day. I needed a coil for a saw. He said cheap or worn out plugs can damage coils. What are you running for a plug?

Latest posts

Back