is this hedge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v-ridge

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
a co worker recently built a new house, said i could come cut firewood from some trees he had cleared. i noticed this really bright greenish-yellow wood. hard to see color in pics, but did i score some hedge?

Attachments

• hedge 001.JPG
    hedge 001.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 201
  • hedge 002.JPG
    hedge 002.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 217
  • hedge 003.JPG
    hedge 003.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 182
Nope, not hedge. Don't think its yellow enough for mulberry either it small diameter pieces are hard to tell with a lot of species.

ok thanks guys, i wish the pics would show how bright the color is. i mean it's almost as bright as a tennis ball.

Our honey locust is more red/pink than yellow/green...sorry I couldn't find a piece with bark on it. The honeys here are fairly smooth barked.20140315_122316.jpg

We get that stuff growing in the fences it's a weed here I think it is along the lines of mulberry or something else not sure.
It does burn like most weed trees do.
Chad

That stuff looks like a tree i have in my backyard right now. But they aren't male mulberries because i've cut several mullberries down over the years. We just always called it "locust" even though it doesn't have the huge thorns... It burns quick but puts out some heat whatever it is.

Looks a lot like the Mulberry we have here in Iowa, to me.
Grows in fencelines and field edges and is like a weed, but is good firewood. Quite hard and burns long and hot. Is related to Hedge, I think.
You are correct Ronaldo, hedge is a member of the mulberry family, so I've read.

I cut a tree just like that a few years ago and burned it. I thought it was some kind of locust. It was growing within the area of my black locust trees at the old house.

Latest posts

Back