Is this repairable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tempestv

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So while I had the cylinder off my dolmar 7900, some dirt and sawdust fell down in the crankcase, so I decided to pull everything apart and give the saw the cleaning it really needed. I removed the clutch and oil pump, and found this:
2012-10-22_19-22-03_649.jpg

I'm assuming that shouldn't be there? Can it be repaired? The pump didn't seem to have any issue when the saw was running, would it be ok to leave it?

looks like you had something loose between the pump and the crank case. If the seal was not leaking everything should be ok. But I would want to find the culprit, clean it up real well, and replace that seal before reassembly. That looks suspicious. :msp_confused:

Are you talking about the piece of the orange metal ring in the case missing? if I remember correctly that's how they are made. You may want to buy the newer green oil lines and replace the black ones while you're in there.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the piece of the orange metal ring in the case missing? .

That would be the one. The middle section appears to be mill cut, but both ends of the cut, where the orange starts, appear to be broken, rather than cut. If it's suppose to be like that, then that's great. Does anyone else know what the deal is here?

That would be the one. The middle section appears to be mill cut, but both ends of the cut, where the orange starts, appear to be broken, rather than cut. If it's suppose to be like that, then that's great. Does anyone else know what the deal is here?

I'm pretty sure it fine. When I first saw the same thing it scared me too, but I looked at another 7900 and it looked the same.

Back