Isuzu Dump Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay so I had a 02 Isuzu box truck out in the yard and after an earlier "thread/Discussion with Isuzu dump owners" I decided I needed another dump a heck of alot more than a box truck.So I will be taking this Box off and installing this rusty old bed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I had to build a Sub frame to install the dump on because of there wasnt enough room height wise on the truck frame.Here's the sub clamped on waiting for the straps to welded to it and bolted to the existing truck frame.
attachment.php

Here are the Hinge bushings I machined and the hinge point for the dump bed getting milled.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I forgot to take a few pictures along the way.Here is the sub with the straps welded to it and bolted to the truck frame.Also with the rear hinge points installed and the Trailer hitch frame clamped on.
attachment.php

Here is the hitch still clamped on and the rear hinge system completed.Thats as far as Ive gotten so far.I picked the pump up this evening so hopefully I'll get the bed on it soon.Then I can start repairing it.

attachment.php

Don't waste any time do you!:clap:

How much did you get that truck for anyway? I was considering getting a box truck like that and put a ramp for mowing but I need pickups to plow any way so didn't do it yet.

Using the box for storage now?

Don't waste any time do you!:clap:
LOL never!

How much did you get that truck for anyway?
Right at 7500.00 Ive seen some real good deals on ebay lately.
I was considering getting a box truck like that and put a ramp for mowing but I need pickups to plow any way so didn't do it yet.
Ive seen several with the box and a ramp on the rear they look like they work real well especially because you can lock everything up easily.

Using the box for storage now?
lol heck yeah that one makes #3. Box trucks dont stay keep there box's very long around here.
Any idea what your truck weighs empty?

Nice tools DDM. Good luck on the project, you seem to have it well in hand.

Cabovers rock, I could never work out why there were so many long noses stateside, all that valuable chassis length wasted!

Ride quality--at least on over the road trucks. It's a lot easier on your back being between axles than sitting on top of one.

When you're on the interstate, the extra hood doesn't matter.

Ride quality--at least on over the road trucks. It's a lot easier on your back being between axles than sitting on top of one.

When you're on the interstate, the extra hood doesn't matter.

They turn on a dime and the lack of a nose will make backing a chipper into a yard a breeze.

I wouldn't want to drive one of these around a city like DC where the roads are crap/busted up and full of potholes but it does real good in the suburbs.

My truck weighs in around 12k with the bed empty.

Nice looking job your doing, I used to work for a truck body place, building bodies and beds, it looks all to familiar, looks professional.

Really nice fab work!! I dunno about puttin that rusty old bed on there though. You can make something nicer than that!

LOL, just wait until I get to it! The one in this picture "which isnt very good"
Actually looked worse.I installed this one about 2 yrs ago.Ive already extended the bed for the isuzu 4'.

Really nice fab work!! I dunno about puttin that rusty old bed on there though. You can make something nicer than that!

Heck some grinding and some plate steel and paint and itll look new. Nice Job DDM. Cant wait to see some more pics of the project

Heres A picture of the Cylinder and cylinder mount also a picture of the mounts being Bored out.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Heres a picture of the mount Clamped together to be welded.
attachment.php

Heres the mount pinned to the cylinder.
attachment.php

And the cylinder mount welded to the cross tube which is 1/2" X 4 X 6".
attachment.php

Heres The cross over tube with the cylinder mount welded to it.
attachment.php

Heres the Bushing for the upper cylinder mount being bored out.
attachment.php

Back