It really is a sickness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsayen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I started with an ms250, ran it for two years, wasn’t happy with the performance for my needs, bought an ms261, fell in love. Started bucking bigger rounds and started researching bigger saws. Spent months reading about the ms400 and 500i. Bought the 500i on Thursday. Holy cow it’s amazing. Found myself holding the ms400 at the hardware store today. What is wrong with me!

I hear yah.

I bought 6 saws in 6 months and they were all pricy and all but one got ported or were already were [emoji1787]

Dont ever calculate how much money you actually spend on chainsaw stuff.....never ever.

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

When i first came here i had 2 saws. Now im at about 30. And just cant stop looking for more. Going to get 3 older ones this sunday. Iv staeted a ms400 savings. Hopin to have one maybe thus fall or next.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Listen to the little man on your shoulder and buy it ......you always have room for more . And when the she'd is full just bring them in the house .... it's fine......and when the house is full kick the dog out and put them in there too. Running or not running I follow the pirates code "take what you can give nothing back "

Listen to the little man on your shoulder and buy it ......you always have room for more . And when the she'd is full just bring them in the house .... it's fine......and when the house is full kick the dog out and put them in there too. Running or not running I follow the pirates code "take what you can give nothing back "

[emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

CAD, Yes ,I am a a member of this incurable illness. However there is hope! My wife sent me to a friend of hers. She had me laying on a very comfortable couch. She then gave me an injection "to help relax you" At last count I had a dozen saws. Now I have 15. My wife went back to the person that was supposed to help cure me of this illness. Again I went back to her, laid on the couch and given another injection. A month had passed and now I have 18 saws. I am now looking forward to my next visit. I have herd good things about the 261. I have it in my sights

Problem of CAD is getting worse in my territory and about to snowball I fear.

Folk are moving away from wood heating and into reverse cycle air cond. Battery and electric saws are replacing petrol powered and crappy entry level saws are getting cheaper and more reliable. As age creeps up old arms and shoulders have trouble starting and using decent sized 2 stroke saws. Local laws have outlawed cutting up fallen trees from the roadside and State parks and forests, and in many places you can't even chop down trees on your own property.

So. if you're not careful people will beg you to take their unwanted petrol saws and even try to force you to have their grandpa's collection of large powerful saws.

Be warned, be very vigilant.

Unfortunately same thing is happening with petrol motor mowers. I now have 14 perfect runners, all were either gifts or cunningly abandoned in places where I drive past. Then there are several others which I had to cart home for spare parts.

Apparently I had a problem years ago according to my wife.
Had about 200 saws at the time. I looked at how to get rid of 200 saws and it seemed like an insurmountable task.
I got rid of the wife it was much easier.
Now I have around 300 saws and a girlfriend that has her own saws,
Life is much better now. I even have a new saw inside my house.

Chainsaws are a fairly cheapish hobby compared to other hobbies like the cost of pro grade photographic equipment.
View attachment 910944
You got that right. I've got friends that spend more money on weed in a month than I've spent on saws in my entire life, with nothing to show for it but a blank look on their face and a bad memory.

Three more to the collection
b8beb7490de9634cc3a6a34db5ce4a58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back