It's 10 Degrees Outside with Wind Gusts to 50mph

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
On a day like today, I'm glad my dog is guarding my Pacific Energy fireplace insert.

my dogs stay away from the fireplace....kinda strange. they lay in their beds and pant...sheesh. you'd think they would appreciate the heat...spoiled brats that they are.

Windy......

I hate those cold windy days. Makes my old (90 yrs.) house feel old and drafty. Good luck and stay warm.

Good news / bad news...bad news I'm out of work at least for January, good news is I'll be home to keep the fire going so it shouldn't get cold in the house for the next 4+ weeks :D

About 50º inside right now, and I can feel that wind cutting through the house. House isn't particularly drafty, but when it gets nasty outside you feel it.

It's 6F here with 30-40 MPH wind. The OWB is sucking down the hickory rounds like crazy.... the oil burner remains SILENT! OWBs work at their best when it's this cold. The water above the firebox boils and sounds like a train. I plan to go out around 9 or 10 PM tonight to give it a few more for the overnight. Pure bliss!

Latest posts

Back