It's 2016 to hell with porting...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's worth pointing out that while a woods port is more expensive up front, the cost doesn't continue over time. Your "performance kit" relies on some razor chain. Once the chain isn't a razor chain anymore it needs to be sent back to you to be rerazored for a "modest fee". Otherwise all we're left with is a muffler mod. As such, your kit continues to cost the owner more money over time whereas a woods port is a one time cost.

The only way to prove to everyone's satisfaction is to (1) send me your chain (if it's just off-the-roll ps I have it and already know the answer) and I will compare using ... a) my kit ... b) my mod your chain ... or (2) I can send u the chain and u can do a comparison using your mm saw ; your chain and finally your mm saw using chain I send to you ... The comparison Must be done using the same test log or it's Meaningless ..
I looked through your channel and see no comparison videos demonstrating your claims.

Some special chain that requires special tools to sharpen properly sounds like more of a pain in the rear than anything. I touch up my chains long before they are dull, not quite as often as my dad would(typically a quick pass with the file every second tank) but still once a day when I am doing wood.
What kind of profile is your fancy chain?

Latest posts

Back