It's a Pacific Northwest Thing - I'm starting to understand :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Log Splitter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've traveled a lot in my career selling services for a living, but I've never made it up to Seattle until this week. Man, why did I wait so long?

All I really had time to do was just drive around on the Seattle freeways traveling between the airport, hotel room, and client location, but the scenery I did get to see was spectacular. I forgot at times I was in the middle of a big city, and really wish my schedule would have allowed some time to get out and really see the sights.

There is simply no way pictures or TV can describe how pretty the PNW really is. You have to see it up close and personal for that.

I know one thing, y'all need your long bars up there. Some of those trees would make a load of logs all by themselves, no doubt about it. The other thing I was thinking is I'll bet y'all would not know what to do if you cut a tree on level ground. I don't think there is a tree growing up there anywhere that's not on a slope. I'd have to get some training from y'all before I pulled out the trusty ol' MS180 to cut firewood. :)

Next trip I'm gonna let Lake know in advance that I'm coming so I can stop by his ranch and check out how the good folks live up there. That should be a hoot.

Y'all live in a pretty place, if you're ever in Texas I'll drive you around and show you some mesquite trees. If I decide I like you, I'll drive you over to my tree farm in Louisiana. :)

Airport to Lynnwood to Redmond to Airport.. YUK... I can't image a worse route..

If you want to see the PNW... well... you know a few guys up here..

My wife and I have been pondering flying into N Cali to see the redwoods before they burn down, renting a car to drive north along the coast and then fly back out of Seattle or there abouts.

Ian

P.S. I'd have to buy rain gear. I don't own any.

Last edited:
Yes sir, up here its tight line, slack line, haul back, and look the :censored: out! Cuttting and logging up here is quite the show to see if you are not familiar with it or have never seen it :cheers:

Don't tell the wife.. but time your arrival for the Sequim ("skwim", not "SEE QUEE IM" ) and and other logging shows.. :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't have to trick the wife, she's all for sacrificing an afternoon or two at a logging contest if she could just get me out of the state on a bonafide vacation. I don't like formal vacations much... I usually squander my vacation time 5 hours at a shot taking off early on friday afternoons.

Ian

If you want to see the PNW, check out the Queen Charlotte Islands. I have lived on the coast, been around Vancouver Island, been to Bella Coola (a very cool place) seen some Washington coast, but the Charlottes take the cake.

You can fly into Sandspit, a two hour flight from Vancouver, good people there, scenery that cannot be explained. I have never seen so many rainbows in my life, the weather can change from sun to rain many times a day. Often raining with the sun shining at the same time, so glad I lived there, even if was only a year.

Don't trust those canadiens, we dont even allow them down here more than a day or two at a time. Lake or Gas71 can show you the ropes around the PNW :cheers:

Next time come out to the NW Oregon Coast to see the real PNW. The Puget Sound is where our toilet flushings go.

Don't have to trick the wife, she's all for sacrificing an afternoon or two at a logging contest if she could just get me out of the state on a bonafide vacation. I don't like formal vacations much... I usually squander my vacation time 5 hours at a shot taking off early on friday afternoons.

Ian

lololol Got her beaten down..?? yep.. I could likely take mine to a machinery convention in Detroit, just to get away... :hmm3grin2orange:

I did get mine to TWO logging shows last year... same rational...

Last edited:
Back