It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
send the saws to me, I'll do the test! Got oak and cherry. Cherry is approx 48" wide right now, but I can square her up so she'll fit a 36" bar nicely. ..can use the tsumura 36" bar and i'll provide the new RS chains.

I can get some RSLF as well.

Note - I have...

660R muff modded
660R Masterminded
661R Stock
l like it when fellas chip in to achieve things of common interest....tis what makes this place special.

FireWood.jpg
Wood is 26-27" in diameter. Not sure what type it is.

View attachment 384942 View attachment 384943 View attachment 384944

Not a bad stick.

I need to get my butt up into the hills and nab a photo for you guys of the monster's I Cut on.

till then the best I can do is the Satellite photo I found the things with. (that should give ya an idea of how big they are....)

Both Are Blowdowns.

#1 is a White Cedar about 8-10' Dia at the stump
#2 is a Red Cedar about 10-12' Dia at the stump
Just estimates ive never measured the actual stump dia, but on #1 i'm still 50' up from the stump and cutting with a 28" bar from both sides I only have 1" of cut overlap, and #2 makes #1 look small.

hence why i'm needing both a longer bar for the 044 and needing to get a 661.....

On the topic of pop-up vs. flat tops - I was thinking today that all my Zenoah engines are domed piston. They seemed to have some knowledge about engines, so perhaps there is some benefit?

The tops are not machined either, which made me think that it might be harder to control squish tolerances with a cast dome on the piston. A machined piston would be easier to control tolerances - of course you could turn a dome but it would be a PITA.

Then too those transfer flow patterns across the piston top are only occurring for a short time as the piston is adjacent to the transfer opening. Is that significant?

How is the porting coming Brad?
I finished that up Saturday. I have not had a chance to sharpen the chain or make a new vid. Last night I had to get on the roof and re-caulk around the chimney. Tonight I had to install a garbage disposal. It might be the weekend before I get to it. Sorry guys. When you don't get home until 30 minutes before sunset, that doesn't leave much time.

That is a real nice saw! I don't know the specs on that saw.What size chain does it pull. Is this your first 660? If not how does it compare to other saws you have. Thanks

I finished that up Saturday. I have not had a chance to sharpen the chain or make a new vid. Last night I had to get on the roof and re-caulk around the chimney. Tonight I had to install a garbage disposal. It might be the weekend before I get to it. Sorry guys. When you don't get home until 30 minutes before sunset, that doesn't leave much time.

Did you port the disposal??? I need mine ported as the wife has the idea that a complete watermelon rind and a full turkey carcass can be liquified down the drain!!!!

I think Tim the tool man had an episode where he "modified" the disposal. Make sure you punch out those plugs for the dish washer return!!!!!

I've got 395 parts to clean, but first things first :) I got the Tsumura T&L bar in the mail today, along with a new loop of Stihl RS chain. Here she is, still on her first tank of fuel.

Here's my 390XP, different B&C, although the exact same specs. This chain has been filed.

The MS661 isn't going to equal the 390XP, but I think it probably has the edge in torque, especially considering it has almost no run time on it. I'll know more when we get them in the same wood with cut times all the way through the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back