It's starting - New California law bans ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how governments create black markets. If you want people to stop using small engines actually make a better alternative. I’ve never seen or heard of an electric 60-100cc replacement saw. Never been excited or impressed with the “instant torque” of a battery saw. Electric leaf blowers don’t do the same work as a backpack blower.
All this is going to do is squeeze out smaller businesses who can’t afford to replace their equipment with new less productive tools. And yes I bet when fire season 2025 rolls around they’ll grant emergency waivers and ship them in anyway.
I don’t even disagree that we need to lower overall emissions but this is just a case of a law written by a bunch of fools who never used these necessities in the first place.

i,m just saying norway has a head start on the rest of us, it would take us 10 yrs to catch them up
but we no longer have the re$ources to do it
Isn't Norway getting filthy rich selling gas to Europe at their own set market price?

We need more modern technology look at the space station? They run on solar chargers and batteries? We have a school here with solar power probably assisted. All the schools are going with solar here.
We need solar panels with some type of inverter with step up transformers.
I’m no electrical guy. I ran my camp on 12 volt batteries with solar plus an alternator backup.

Apparently there's a trillion dollars of lithium under Afghanistan.
Apparently Sniffer Joe has links to a Chinese lithium-ion battery manufacturer.
Apparently China are in talks with the Taliban.
All just speculation on my part.

EDIT: Oh and Newsom is a scumbag slimeball.

Only bans sale but not possession or use? Wonder how this affects online sales of “kits”

can also just cross the state line to buy one
Chances are it will only ban in-state sales, and that importing will not be regulated.

OP: do you have a link to the actual wording of the order? That also may reveal a lot.

Tesla tried to tell them there’s free power we can harness here on earth. They weren’t interested because the greedy bastards couldn’t charge $$ for it. They killed off clean free energy.

With the water supply dwindling across the west coast there picking bs fights rather than focus on the real problems. Are they going to put a muffler on Yellowstone’s super volcano before she blows? When she blows exhaust pollution won’t matter. Or stop an asteroid coming?
It’s too late we wrecked this planet to the point of no return.

What about the dirtbikes/atv in the desert?

all of the offroad vehicles (atv/dirtbikes) are regulated. You get colored stickers with your registration that tell you when you are allowed to ride. So basically its illegal to use your personal property during certain times of year etc.

We have the most modern gray iron foundry east of the Mississippi that’s shut down in ct. at the time it met the epa requirements. Today it’s probably out dated but it was brand new. These big corporations ate up these 100+ year old companies here and sucked them dry for every penny they could get. When selling off equipment ended they laid people off to show profits, the buzz word was restructuring. This is why we’re in this shape today, the environmental laws drove companies to move over seas were they can pollute with no laws or fines. Rather than keep Americans working. Corporations are miss managed.

all of the offroad vehicles (atv/dirtbikes) are regulated. You get colored stickers with your registration that tell you when you are allowed to ride. So basically its illegal to use your personal property during certain times of year etc.
Don’t they pollute more than our saws do?

Back