It's starting - New California law bans ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think that things are going to get real bad, real soon. Everyone is tired of all of the ********, and a good hard winter will make it happen.
I do not think liberal Democrats have the ability to add or subtract. They are told what to think so they all can save the planet. A average winter will make things pretty interesting as it stands. My neighbor whom I like is a very liberal Democrat came to me this past spring and told me he was running out of money. He is retired and younger than me and refuses to pick up any part time jobs or any thing productive. He wants to buy firewood from me. He continues that he does not want to pay as much as he did last year for wood. I tell him that all there will be available is real culled wood that is poor quality. When he hears that prices are increasing about 40% or more he says why is that. He can not understand that in California every thing is expensive and getting more expensive. Unless several things change drastically wood will be $1000 a cord and climbing. Thanks

Cali sets the ground rules and the other states follow.

Do you think our gas operated power equipment will be grandfathered in?

I’ll be dead by the time it happens.
Fore sure, as will fueled cars but you will pay the penalties through insurance as to age and compliance to gov agenda Or it will be road tolls like London is doing now ,if you aren't driving a high-bred. Pre 2010 saws don't meet the EPA there but are still used. Post 2010 saws are to be serviced at 300 hours. It,s a hard thing to monitor with Joe-schmo and his chainsaw compared to a company or anything that needs annual insurance. Assuming they will have a form on your taxes.
I't will be about registering saws, boats, jet skis, snow mobiles, quads... It's a choice. it's about 'averaging.' You have to pay for your pollution or you hide it or you upgrade? So if USA doesn't make their commitment then they can buy the credits with some of the revenue (From noncompliance )from Countries or Corporations that have a surplus from coming under their goal. So all the nations involved meet the total as an average. It will likely go through UN World Bank. Billions of that revenue will be spent domestically to improve the cause..Bus upgrades, trains...

The saw corporations have been doing this for a long time with the exception that they can only trade with their competitors. The EPA sticker says that equipment meets the emissions standards but what it doesn't tell you is that some are reached through averaging,trading & banking.
Safety last there millions of workers to expose to hazardous materials do you think they give a dam about the working man.? It’s money first. Not even breaking even or letting the honest man make a living. What the next wave of profits going to come in? I say high tech, research into better solar panels maybe micro solar panels. With fast charging systems.
N

bill.
No corp and all gov at some point in history, ever cared about safety. When prime contractors or licencee's where pressured then they would sub it out to a permittee. **** goes up hill, now. At least in the first world.
They don't care about the environment from mining in west Africa until people have a reason to look that way. As they do now. then things get expensive.
I was just reading in the paper last week about them laying a new line under the Atlantic from NY to UK and down the west coast of Europe to connect and upgrade world internet. Yesterday in the paper I read they now have a solar craft that can handle 1.2 billion at once.

I have to admit, it's genius how they managed to turn absolutely nothing into a way to extract $$$$$/£££££££ out of so many. Genius, and evil.
Yeah it is brilliant. A lot of people made out like bandits middling massive deals together. Can't remember which G&O licencee It was in northern Alberta, CA that didn't up-grade the refinery but invested 5 billion on a 100 yr lease to save what was going to be logged otherwise. 5 dudes make a fair jag of cash, there.
There will be an annual calculation of carbon credits x rate, payable to one of the 'evil empires' for 100 yrs.

In India a company that made $780 million in no time by adding a hood to all their funeral pyres that made them burn a great percent more efficient.

Fore sure, as will fueled cars but you will pay the penalties through insurance as to age and compliance to gov agenda Or it will be road tolls like London is doing now ,if you aren't driving a high-bred. Pre 2010 saws don't meet the EPA there but are still used. Post 2010 saws are to be serviced at 300 hours. It,s a hard thing to monitor with Joe-schmo and his chainsaw compared to a company or anything that needs annual insurance. Assuming they will have a form on your taxes.
I't will be about registering saws, boats, jet skis, snow mobiles, quads... It's a choice. it's about 'averaging.' You have to pay for your pollution or you hide it or you upgrade? So if USA doesn't make their commitment then they can buy the credits with some of the revenue (From noncompliance )from Countries or Corporations that have a surplus from coming under their goal. So all the nations involved meet the total as an average. It will likely go through UN World Bank. Billions of that revenue will be spent domestically to improve the cause..Bus upgrades, trains...

The saw corporations have been doing this for a long time with the exception that they can only trade with their competitors. The EPA sticker says that equipment meets the emissions standards but what it doesn't tell you is that some are reached through averaging,trading & banking.

N
0sqTMTyoYWnhEN9cwlNrQP2IilZ8V-oBw6_5ca7CzIpka25Xr3JubMeufhFfBJf-3hTNg7DdTgYqrvX83zHPir0j-gFf3O9peJJHh5flbhUpZrhG3yVuVVjvIhXlE5PwIOGGyjEzoVsVzIjWu9SPN_FFDOXvl3CpBAY

;)

The local newspaper has a question and answer column regarding the law this morning. Clearly, we just need to buy 26HP chainsaws and mowers.

Q: So what’s this new law?

A: Newsom signed Assembly Bill 1346, written by Assemblyman Marc Berman, D-Palo Alto. It requires the California Air Resources Board, an agency in Sacramento that regulates air pollution, to adopt statewide rules by July 1, 2022 that “prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions” from “new small off-road engines” in a manner that is “cost-effective and technologically feasible.”

Q: What kinds of tools will that include?

A: The state air board defines “small off-road engines” as combustion engines with less than 25 gross horsepower, including those found in lawn mowers, string trimmers, chain saws, golf carts, generators and pumps.

ON NO..It's the Caliban.The Taliban's pesky first cousin.
what's the difference between...
-Taliban control & confiscate your belongings.
-The Caliban control & confiscate your money
subject to change.
what's the difference? ..not much

-Taliban rob you with guns..
-Caliban wants to rob your guns..

..you saws..your jet ski...your boat... lol

No, they make no money if they faze it out right away

The local newspaper has a question and answer column regarding the law this morning. Clearly, we just need to buy 26HP chainsaws and mowers.

Q: So what’s this new law?

A: Newsom signed Assembly Bill 1346, written by Assemblyman Marc Berman, D-Palo Alto. It requires the California Air Resources Board, an agency in Sacramento that regulates air pollution, to adopt statewide rules by July 1, 2022 that “prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions” from “new small off-road engines” in a manner that is “cost-effective and technologically feasible.”

Q: What kinds of tools will that include?

A: The state air board defines “small off-road engines” as combustion engines with less than 25 gross horsepower, including those found in lawn mowers, string trimmers, chain saws, golf carts, generators and pumps.
I read about 10 articles and the earliest date would be Jan 2024 (mentioned many times.) 2028 for generators but they likely will do a u-turn on that part of the bill for remote areas and such in the next few weeks. Berman said they will slowly be fazing out but companies & home owners can still continue on using equipment after said date that was bought before deadline. (may depend on age) John Deere does actually make a 25hp. Looks like a goal of 80% reduction under this bill by 2031.
Looks like a lot of wiggle room in their plan so far but i'm sure it's just early. Dirt bikes, ATV, Boats, UTV, snowmobiles are exempt,, as well remote control gas powered cars, planes, boats.
California is the only state that can pass such a bill evidently but now other states can chose to follow now it's in place.

I'll have to look up where I found that. These numbers wouldn't necessarily change my opinion, though.

@bwalker How much electricity is used to produce a gallon of gasoline?

Ultimately, I also don't care. Produce 2x as much carbon or burn 2x as more fuel so I can mow my lawn with a battery mower, I don't care. What I care about, is that I pop in a battery, push a button, and am mowing.
Not as much as one would think. The heaters in a refinery are powered by fuel gas which is a refining by product. Many of the pumps are ran by steam turbines which comes from boilers also ran on fuel gas.
As a former power plant guy I can saybwith certainty that a 90% efficient fossil plant doesn't exist.

I think we need a sucker punch from an asteroid to smack the liberals into reality. Danger Will danger, where’s dr Smith? Lost in space but landed on planet earth.

I need more firewood it’s gonna get colder

i,m just saying norway has a head start on the rest of us, it would take us 10 yrs to catch them up
but we no longer have the re$ources to do it
This is why Norway is wealthy-

Attachments

• C7EE8C79-16C3-4115-909E-8F80BDA4532F.jpeg
    C7EE8C79-16C3-4115-909E-8F80BDA4532F.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 18
This is why Norway is wealthy-
yes thats what i,m saying, but norway did,nt squander their oil and gas resources on big v8,s and pointless wars
they invested it on green infrastructure
and cali leans towards that way of thinking, yet all they get is grief, even tho the us relies on half of its fruit/veg/nuts from them, and sends its water that it does,nt have inside that produce
the world has now reached a landmark peak growth situation, so the old system of using economic growth to repay government debt no longer works, cali is the US canary

yes thats what i,m saying, but norway did,nt squander their oil and gas resources on big v8,s and pointless wars
they invested it on green infrastructure
and cali leans towards that way of thinking, yet all they get is grief, even tho the us relies on half of its fruit/veg/nuts from them, and sends its water that it does,nt have inside that produce
the world has now reached a landmark peak growth situation, so the old system of using economic growth to repay government debt no longer works, cali is the US canary
sorry but cali would not be able to grow even a fraction of what they grow if they did not steal water from the states to the east of them. you seem to think you know a lot about the US though you do not live there. My advice worry about your own home vice others homes.

Back