I've searched... Oil Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboA2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've searched under Mix Oil, Oil Mix, and two stroke. I'll admit I am a sucker for oil threads but I and I couldn't find one that matched my question. My question isn't about performance or which is best. I just want to know what you use and why.

I use Amsoil Saber at 45:1. Why? It turns the gas blue. Blue is my favorite color.

Can you see the kind of answers I'm looking for?

My favorite subject!!

Seriously!!

Iv been talking for years on the same oil thread on a different forum.
[emoji23]

So i use redline as it is what i use exclusively in my truck in every oily hole for the reasons of the base stock blend (mostly PAO and some ester) and the add pack they use.

Sorry, not the answer you’re looking for I think but it’s my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite subject!!

Seriously!!

Iv been talking for years on the same oil thread on a different forum.
[emoji23]

So i use redline as it is what i use exclusively in my truck in every oily hole for the reasons of the base stock blend (mostly PAO and some ester) and the add pack they use.

Sorry, not the answer you’re looking for I think but it’s my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, good enough for me. I just want to know what and why from everyone. It doesn't have to be silly and I'm not changing what I use unless they change the color. I legitimately love the answers and oil threads.

I use the Amzoil sabre pro. It looks just like the stuff the Honda shop sells and has been easily available at a local auto parts place. They did discontinue it, had 6 Amzoil products now only 5. Before that I used Gulf or Sunoco from a local gas station. The Amzoil stuff is JASO or some such rated. Even use it in other two cycle things and four mix.

Must I? Alright.

Right now I run K2, have been for awhile now. Burns pretty clean and completely with it's middle of the road flash point, good film strength, saws tune well on it, and produces less odor than most. For milling or lots of stump work, oils like Motul 800, Klotz R50 and belray H1R are a good option as the engine temps get hot enough to burn them correctly, and the added film strength is needed in these applications.

The top oils I've used in a true work saw saw.
Maxima K2
Honda HP2
Amsoil Saber
Motul 710

I like oils with some ester base stocks, but honestly oils like HP2 and Saber are probably better for everyday work saws. Some of the new OEM oils are not bad either.:happybanana:

Back