Jonesered 670 champ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Woody

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
An awsomely powerfull saw, and will pull a 38 inch bar like nothing. But I'm haveing trouble with the oiler. when the bar is off oil comes out smothely. As you know there is a plate under the bar that goes over the oiler. when everything is intact and i'm goig to make the cut the chain seems dry, infact my bar has begun to turn bluish and purple. 2nd can't seem to adjust the idol speed. can anyone help.
:blob2:

Under that cover you talk about is your oiler drive.It's on the shaft that comes through your clutchRemove clutch(which is clockwise,instead of counter clockwise!!)I have seen these things broken where they will spin under no load but put the load to it and it won't work.Baileys has that part for 5 to 6 bucks if i remember.Also seen these things melted by people that try to run saws with chain brake on!!Fixed 2 husky 455's because of this! I am assuming this is like a Husky.
Ed

Got fresh gas?Right mixture?If your running in the high heat like I am,this can screw up carb a little bit.If not clean air filter pull out manual and start to readjust.Screw in low screw all the way LIGHTLY! Back out 1 to 1 1/4 turns and go for there.
Ed:deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back