Jonesred and husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would the handle bar from an orange work on a red?

Some times yes, some times not, you may need to change the tank as well - but it wouldn't look great anyway - and then the chain brake handle is at a different angle as well.....

I'd just forget the idea!

Some times yes, some times not, you may need to change the tank as well - but it wouldn't look great anyway - and then the chain brake handle is at a different angle as well.....

I'd just forget the idea!
Geez sounds like I won't even try. [emoji17]

To me that is the biggest problem with Jonsereds. They have too D@MN many numbers. The average person (me) can't keep track of them. I bought my 2152 by mistake thinking I was getting a 2153. No regrets though. The price was really good and its a great saw.

To me that is the biggest problem with Jonsereds. They have too D@MN many numbers. The average person (me) can't keep track of them. I bought my 2152 by mistake thinking I was getting a 2153. No regrets though. The price was really good and its a great saw.
Ya their number system is crazy! I never keep them straight.[emoji17]

I've checked into it. It would cost me over 1000 bucks to get one over here. I got my 562xp for 650.

I believe the UK generally have the lowest prices in Europe, but I haven't looked closely into it. Sweden, Germany and Norway likely is the high end, but I haven't really looked closely into it.....

Geez, an extra digit in the model number really confuses you guys? Jonsered numbers all start with either "21" or "22" similar to Husky's starting with a "3" or "5". Doesn't seem that complicated to me.

On the handle swaps, it all has to do with whether or not the tanks castings are the same except for color. 372/2171 and the older 272/670 families used different castings and handles would not interchange. The primary difference is the spacing of the handle bolt holes on the clutch side. Most other saws use the same castings and the handles will swap back and forth. But as pointed out, you will then have a mismatch between the angle of the handle and the hand guard. On some saws, this is an issue and on some it's no big deal.

I disagree that the Jonsered handle makes any difference in limbing, but some folks like to beat that drum. (sorry Niko :)). It's just a 7 degree offset, so how big of a deal can that be? Maybe Jonsered owners just never limb trees, huh? :rolleyes: I have plenty of Red and Orange saws and I don't even notice it.

Geez, an extra digit in the model number really confuses you guys? Jonsered numbers all start with either "21" or "22" similar to Husky's starting with a "3" or "5". Doesn't seem that complicated to me.

On the handle swaps, it all has to do with whether or not the tanks castings are the same except for color. 372/2171 and the older 272/670 families used different castings and handles would not interchange. The primary difference is the spacing of the handle bolt holes on the clutch side. Most other saws use the same castings and the handles will swap back and forth. But as pointed out, you will then have a mismatch between the angle of the handle and the hand guard. On some saws, this is an issue and on some it's no big deal.

I disagree that the Jonsered handle makes any difference in limbing, but some folks like to beat that drum. (sorry Niko :)). It's just a 7 degree offset, so how big of a deal can that be? Maybe Jonsered owners just never limb trees, huh? :rolleyes: I have plenty of Red and Orange saws and I don't even notice it.

That numbering system is confusing especially if you are at the chainsaw counter and you ask that guy " Is this the same saw as the 346 Husky?" and he says yes. My Jonsered dealer is an old time dealer and could give a rats arse about Husky. My BAD!!! But like I said, I love my 2152.

I would like to try a 2153 though. May be that different angle on the handle keeps it from falling over when its idling on the ground.

Other than that I haven't really noticed, or had a preference over, the red saws or the orange saws. I go red because the dealer is 3 miles away from my house and the other is 4 miles from camp.

Latest posts

Back