Jonsered 2156 vs 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil21502

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For firewood use I've heard the 2159 is better because it has a flat torque curve. Ultimately the 2156 has more power. My uses are strictly for firewood. Biggest trees I like to deal with are 16-20". Mostly just cutting up stuff that is already down. Local dealer has a 2159 in stock and wants $600 which ivthink is a lil steep. Can order a 2156 for $700...

Those models are on their way out, being replaced by the 2260 and 2258 (it already happened here), and those prices seem high in that "light".

Avoid the 2259 if the saw is going to stay stock, it is not a really good performer for 59cc.
Both will come with a cat muffler if they are US ones, replacing that one will add to the cost.

What I'm really saying is get the Husky 562xp or 555 instead, or wait for the red versions of those (2260 and 2258)....

Yeah but when the heck they r gonna release them here. Maybe just get a stihl 362. Idk what the hell to get lol

Those models are on their way out, being replaced by the 2260 and 2258 (it already happened here), and those prices seem high in that "light".

Avoid the 2259 if the saw is going to stay stock, it is not a really good performer for 59cc.
Both will come with a cat muffler if they are US ones, replacing that one will add to the cost.

What I'm really saying is get the Husky 562xp or 555 instead, or wait for the red versions of those (2260 and 2258)....

I've just never saw the need for any 55 to 59 cc saws. I've had a few of them through the years and they always end up leaving. I just never got enough performance gains from them over a nice lite little 50cc saw. I guess they are tweener saws that if you only could own 1 saw that would get the job done. People say the same thing about 65cc saws, but I can argue that 65cc saws are the best value for the money going. In that vain, I would go with the new Husky 365XT and never look back. If you have your mind made up on the 2159, shop hard and I'm sure you'll find one at a better price than that.

Couldn't make up my mind about those two saws so I bought both. Get the 2159 it's a good saw. At $600 for it, the dealer should be able to come down a bit.

When the new Jonsered that's the same as the 562xp hits the market it should be in the $700 range.:rock:

For firewood use I've heard the 2159 is better because it has a flat torque curve. Ultimately the 2156 has more power. My uses are strictly for firewood. Biggest trees I like to deal with are 16-20". Mostly just cutting up stuff that is already down. Local dealer has a 2159 in stock and wants $600 which ivthink is a lil steep. Can order a 2156 for $700...

I think that's definitely too much money for a 2159 or 2156...and on top of that they are both on their way out. Not saying they arent good models but those are top $$ prices. Granted, price isn't everything and a good dealer support is important too...

But you could probably even get a 562 xp for that price...how's the husky dealer in your area? I'd think a 555 would be a good choice.

Don't hold your breath for the johnny colored plastic if you need a saw now.

Is this your only saw? 365 would be a bit big for an only saw for firewood, esp if a 2159 w a 20" is sufficient for your needs.

Husky 365!!!! I saw a guy a while back on Amazon selling PHO for $500. I directed a freind to that guy.

365 is the best deal going period. I have been going back and forth between it and the 562. pretty sure im going with the 365.

Being that I own a 357xp (2156) and a 359 (2159).

They are both Very Good saws, but I like the 357xp a little better.

For those prices, I'd buy a 562xp though!!! :msp_biggrin:

365 is the best deal going period. I have been going back and forth between it and the 562. pretty sure im going with the 365.

Being a member of the "365 brotherhood", my vote goes to it. Ive cut a lot of firewood with my Special. It could easily work as a one saw plan if it had to, fortunately it doesnt have to. Good with bars from 16-24 inches.

Being a member of the "365 brotherhood", my vote goes to it. Ive cut a lot of firewood with my Special. It could easily work as a one saw plan if it had to, fortunately it doesnt have to. Good with bars from 16-24 inches.

The weight is moving up, and we don't know if that is an issue to the OP or not....:msp_wink:

Great saw for sure! But like ST said, it's Heavy.

The 562xp changed my thinking about 60cc saws! :msp_w00t:

Great saw for sure! But like ST said, it's Heavy.

The 562xp changed my thinking about 60cc saws! :msp_w00t:

All these new saws do sound pretty amazing but unfortuneately all to rich for my wallet. I'll have to wait 3 or 4 years until I run into someone worse off than me who's selling one that he bought on an impulse and needs to create quick cash flow.

Thats how I got my 346 and lately that has rendered just about all my other saws as purely recreational.

All these new saws do sound pretty amazing but unfortuneately all to rich for my wallet. I'll have to wait 3 or 4 years until I run into someone worse off than me who's selling one that he bought on an impulse and needs to create quick cash flow.

Thats how I got my 346 and lately that has rendered just about all my other saws as purely recreational.

The 346xp will do 100% of what I need, All the others are just for fun... :msp_biggrin:

Could prob swing up to about $750. Trying to stick to jonsered cause of the dealer

Back