Jonsered 2156 vs 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't agree more!!!! If you cant afford the jungle muffler, I drilled 8 or 9 3/8" holes in the baffle plate and blocked off original exh exit. IF YOU DO NOT IT WILL MELT YOUR TOP COVER!! I like pipes out the side so thats what I did. be sure to remove ALL burrs from the holes after drilling and clean out muffler thuroughly.

i agree on the heat it gives off. before putting a non cat muffler on it the exhaust was so hot, especially when felling or blocking that it damn near burned my hands even with gloves on. now it runs much cooler and the paint isnt coming off like it did on the old cat muffler. sounded funny when cooling off too.

Good advice, but........................

The top exhaust port isn't really the issue causing the top to melt. The problem is really due to radiant heat from the cat muffler which gets significantly hotter than a standard one. Including when shutting off the saw and there is no more cooling air circulating. You solved the problem by letting more heat escape through the additional holes. And, I bet it sounds great too. :clap:

I agree with what your saying but the ones i have seen always have the top cover melted where the outlet is. Perhaps cat makes the top cover oft and outgoing exh pulses do the rest...

Murph..... my 2159 is a pre cat and yes it has the stupid baffle! (2003 i think)

Like this.
100_1081.jpg

outlet is a lil big for a firewood saw tho.

Saw is home. Actually had a 20" bar on it instead of the 18". Not gonna complain tho cause it fits the Oregon bar I had on my poulan pro...off 2moro so I'll prob break her in.

Saw is home. Actually had a 20" bar on it instead of the 18". Not gonna complain tho cause it fits the Oregon bar I had on my poulan pro...off 2moro so I'll prob break her in.

pics or it didnt happen:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Back