Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hell Dean, here I made up this clandestine story on how you got your 111S.....what have you decided? Was that an auction set of pics or do you have the saw yet?

Kevin

Those are the sale pics. I don't have it yet, so I'm undecided. But of course right now, I want to build a 111s.

I'm afraid I can't part with it as it was my father's and I still have hopes of getting it back in shape so he can hear it run again. Sorry. If there is anything worse than trying to find a cylinder for one..... It might be a case gasket and or a crank. :dumb2:

I dunno Dean....you got into the saw OK if you buy into the hype and current market prices-providing your crank is OK. What you do now however, is a tough decision. You could sell the parts for more than you paid for the saw and then some. Or you could keep it as a donor and find a better example. You figure on restoring it and the parts you don't have are going to really cost ya. You could easily have $500-600 into the saw total, before you painted it. Tough call. I watched the 111S page on ebay off and on for over a yr and what essentials never showed up, scared me...lol

Kevin

Yeah, if I had the crank in front of me I would just try to make one if one doesn't turn up (2 did and I totally missed them:chainsaw:) so it goes.No luck so far however.

Man, ain't that the truth! I saw a complete OE gasket set for the 910 on ebay while I was trying to make up my mind if I wanted one. Bought a 910 and the SAME day somebody bought the gasket set....been listed quite a while too.

Kevin

This may sound kinda weird...but I'd like to compliment the folks who regular this particular thread. Members on the 'other site' are calling those of us still here, "idiots"(I'm not sure where you stand if you are a member of both sites...lol). If the 'other site' was an attempt to get away from the personality disorder types on the general chainsaw AS forum, it didn't work. The Husky thread is so convoluted 'over there', that it routinely breaks out in insults. I guess I don't understand the 'joy' of participating in a forum/thread that was meant to share information, yet reduces itself to personal attacks, straw horse arguments and hyperbole.

If we're just a bunch of "idiots" here, then I like being an idiot compared to what I see over there. In this thread there is a ton of information shared freely, honorable intentions abound and shared comradely. Again, thanks for that....!

Kevin

Maybe it's just some of the Husky people then....they're prone to squabbling....lol

Kevin

I'm not disagreeing with you at all on what you said in your previous post about some people over at SH that like to stir it up.

There are lots of them who don't like new people coming to the forum. I can't quite figure that one out.

All I was saying is that many over there still participate here. They don't get any heat for that.

49E-SP or is that 49SP-E?

Hmmmm. . . . . not sure, but the E part was definitely added later. They drilled a hole in the top of the cylinder cover and scraped the paint off around the nut. I'm guessing to create a ground????
I'd like to put the original points back in it.

Did they really make a 49sp-e or 49E-sp or are you just messin with me????!!!!! :happy:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all on what you said in your previous post about some people over at SH that like to stir it up.

There are lots of them who don't like new people coming to the forum. I can't quite figure that one out.

All I was saying is that many over there still participate here. They don't get any heat for that.

Nah, I knew what you were saying...both of us frequent both sites...although I'm a lot more invested here. And it's true, many are not very welcoming of newcomers at SH. And that's strange since it's a relatively new site!

Kevin

This will be interesting....I was offered this 111S a couple yrs ago for $350.oo no B&C. He said it ran ok......I passed ...didn't have a spare $350 burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted one with less usage.......gotta watch and see what he gets for it....I bet he'll do better than $350.....If I remember right he has six, including one that has never been run.......he may have some parts or parts saws too I don't know....might be worth contacting him if you need parts....if he doesn't he may well know who does......good guy.....some of you saw me kicking his aazz with my 111S on video!!!!! (Not the 111s that's for sale)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-11...215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46363ed92f

Back