Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed there are three complete 49SP's on the bay right now. Don't know if that's typical, because I never search for the smaller J'reds:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?

There seems to be plethora of parts listed for that model saw as well....I'm not used to seeing that in the larger saws!

Kevin
Yeah there are generally quite a few 49s on ebay........It would be interesting to have access to production/sales numbers on the 49sp compared to others in the line at the same time....I would not be surprised if it was a best seller.

Oh hell yeah! Now were getting somewhere...someone who finally looks the part of a PNW faller and not a Swede...thanks, Eric! Different guys pictured too...the one on the left with bobbed pant legs like we always did and the guy on the right, not bobbed pants....don't look like calk(cork) boots either on the right hand pic maybe. The guy on the left looks more authentic, but the guy on the right has the wedge pouch(looks like K&H Triple Taper) and Spencer tape. If it were me constructing the pic, I would have put an axe, gas cans and small fire extinguisher in view as well. We had to carry all the crap from tree to tree...along with at least one Silvey tree jack.

Yeah, blue choke knobs.....WTH? The 900 family was indeed popular with loggers in the PNW in Second & Third Growth, even though that flimsy 910 handle didn't account well for itself. Sounds like the EV was initially targeted for us here....never seen one in the flesh. I bet that 36" bar pictured is sporting 3/8" chain....I doubt that saw could have pulled .404 skip-tooth chisel in that bar length.

Indeed, how did that 920 clutch cover sticker get into a 910 ad??? No dates on the brochures and so another mystery to marvel at......lol

Kevin

Check this one out......pretty spendy....but you don't see many any better looking.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-90-chainsaw-/281611416021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41915931d5

Bottom saw pic might tell more...but SWEET saw! Crazy price....but if you've been lookin' for a nice 90 for yrs and had the coin.....

Be interesting to see if it sells at all. 90's aren't exactly 'hot' collectors saws quite yet. By comparison, for the same money you could buy a decent 111S....which in my opinion, would be a better saw for the shelf display/GTG. However, you'll find more parts for the 90 if you wanna use it a lot like I do.

I gotta admit, that's the nicest looking 90 I've ever seen....looks like it's been hiding in a closet!

Dean, yours would be about the second nicest I've seen...lol.

Kevin

Yesterday I bought two NOS OEM top handles for $20.
One will be going on the 90.

Today I'll be picking up some bars I bought on ebay. 20"Carlton for the 621 and a 16" Sugihara for the 49sp.
I've done enough research on bar mounts now I'm fairly sure what bars fit what saws. The Sugihara was the deal at $27, I think there's still some available if your looking.

Thanks Kev . . . . :D

I see the other 90 is gone @ $245.

I tired to post a link and comments about that saw but AS went funky again and was timed out at least for a whole afternoon. I thought for the money you were buying his dirt, as the saw was typically filthy. You'd have to clean it all off just to see what you got. If he really got $245 for that 90, either someone really wanted a project saw, or the prices on 90's are movin' up. The bottom looked very well worn and I suspect the saw was well worn, maybe even clapped out....the P&C at the end of their lives. Had the wrong spark boot, which would indicate someone's been into the ignition. Most guys under 45 don't understand points ignition and screw things up trying to work on them......or just give up and slap a module in there.

Maybe he'll(the buyer) wander into this thread......

Kevin

The XD Super is gone . . . . . . . I think Robin bought it, he's been awfully quiet lately.
He gets in "the zone" when he's bidding.

HaHaHa!!! Nope wasn't me...as much as I would like to have had it........I don't have that kind of money to spend on saws that I can't/wouldn't use...now if I should happen on a barn find of one of those old saws I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!!!!

I remember when that feature was heavily advertised back in the day(I didn't remember J'red be involved in this, however)....I also remember it being a dismal failure.

I don't remember the reasons it failed, but like most inventions that try to substitute 'convenience' for tried & true, it didn't work out. J'red and a lot of other manufacturers sure threw the term 'professional' around a lot. I'm sure it sold saws....but not exactly truthful.

Kevin

Back