Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kevin,
I heard about all the carnage around Spokane. Hope you and yours are OK, although some folks certainly aren't.

Thanks Jack...somebody said here yesterday that they clocked the wind bursts @86 mph Tues. The town took it well all things considered. West of the Cascades they had bursts up to 100 mph and lots tree damage, power outages etc. Three people died over there while in cars....got crushed by trees. Radio here is not saying anything about Spokane....weird.

We had a 'storm of the century' here about this time seven yrs or so ago....that was carnage...no power for a week.

Kevin

I'm betting that eBay 80 I linked to will break $200 before shipping......

Wow...that 910 went for $289.99 before shipping! Wasn't that spiffy IMO...lol

Kevin

WOW.......it wasn't that spiffy to look at..... but that's ebay......then add $38.00 shipping....maybe I should start ebaying some of the herd......LOL!!

WOW.......it wasn't that spiffy to look at..... but that's ebay......then add $38.00 shipping....maybe I should start ebaying some of the herd......LOL!!

LOL...yeah, I've been thinking about that very notion myself! Fix up an older J'red, dump it on ebay...do well, then fix up another in the stable etc...

Kevin

And thank you Ray for passing it on for my 90. Mine looks good except for a broken top handle bracket, any spares about. I think I saw one on Chainsawr. Also picked up a 525 with a recoil issue. From the ipl all the pieces seem to be there just not put together? P&C on the 525 look OK just a little carbon scoring, didn't come with a bar and chain. Guessing .325, I may have a bar off a John Deere that will fit.

You pick those two saws up on Kijiji a few weeks ago? You got them for a song! Congrats

Sock away the profits until the right 111S comes along :sweet:.

I've long since talked myself out of a 111S....only because; the prices are insane, parts are unobtainium and I'll use the saw, rather than collect it. I've got enough trouble supporting the Husky 2100 for work.

Unless of course one comes along in the real world(away from eBay), for a song...then I'm in...lol!

Kevin

You pick those two saws up on Kijiji a few weeks ago? You got them for a song! Congrats
Yes I did. I didn't even try to dicker, just paid what he was asking. 90 has only 120 psi so maybe not a super deal and I'm told the 5xx series are not well respected. Time will tell I have some parts coming for both.

Yes I did. I didn't even try to dicker, just paid what he was asking. 90 has only 120 psi so maybe not a super deal and I'm told the 5xx series are not well respected. Time will tell I have some parts coming for both.

Did you do the Marvel Mystery Oil trick in the combustion chamber? If that doesn't free the rings, you've got some issues in there....best pull the jug. You could part out that 90 on eBay and triple your money.

Kevin

I posted that add in the eBay/Craigslist thread, guessing when I was posting it you were likely in your way to buying it. If I see "you suck" adds up your way I'll tag you in them.

I'm sure you'll make out just fine on that deal.

Did you do the Marvel Mystery Oil trick in the combustion chamber? If that doesn't free the rings, you've got some issues in there....best pull the jug. You could part out that 90 on eBay and triple your money.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I shot some Break Free into the cylinder. Often do that for a saw thats new to me. Where can I find Mystery oil? I use Break Free on my shotguns.

Hi Kevin,

I shot some Break Free into the cylinder. Often do that for a saw thats new to me. Where can I find Mystery oil? I use Break Free on my shotguns.

That would probably work as well....never tried it on a small engine, but love the stuff in guns. MMO can be found at any auto parts or Walmart etc. Very popular stuff with a lot of historical 'voodoo' claims. But it definitely works on freeing stuck rings.

Kevin

Kroil & several hours of hot Texas sun worked on a 625 for me. I was lucky that the rings (ring?) were stuck above the exhaust port. The additional good news was the p&c were in good shape despite the piston being stuck.

Latest posts

Back