Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.....The 801 sold for $234.00 delivered......that's why I didn't bother bidding!!!...LOL!!!

I miss being able to get multiple dirty "not sure what models they are" Jred saws in package deals via eBay.

Now ya'll are motivating me to see if I have a 621 and/or 621 parts hiding in the garage :D.

It's coming down to eBay as your last resort if you can't find a particular saw anywhere else. Of course as I said earlier, it is firewood season and that tends to draw fever bids....lol!

Kevin

Yeah....and a full wrap, even incomplete drives the price up $50-$75.00......plus the fact the "Jonsereds 801" sticker was in near mint condition from the protection said wrap afforded add a few more $$$......it boils down to how much money you have and how bad you want it....not need it....LOL!!! I wanted it but didn't need it......that bad!!!

Yeah....and a full wrap, even incomplete drives the price up $50-$75.00......plus the fact the "Jonsereds 801" sticker was in near mint condition from the protection said wrap afforded add a few more $$$......it boils down to how much money you have and how bad you want it....not need it....LOL!!! I wanted it but didn't need it......that bad!!!

That's the weird part, because away from the PNW, full-wraps are not popular or even wanted by most users. I read mostly negatives in the forums about using them and yet.....
And for $8 you can buy a sticker.....lol

Kevin

That's the weird part, because away from the PNW, full-wraps are not popular or even wanted by most users. I read mostly negatives in the forums about using them and yet.....
And for $8 you can buy a sticker.....lol

Kevin

You're right for a saw to use......but for a big collectable old Jonsereds a full wrap really helps the $$$....at least from what I've seen on ebay.

$8 will get you a reproduced one...but sitting side by side the you can easily tell the difference from OEM.....again... from a collectors point of view.

You're right for a saw to use......but for a big collectable old Jonsereds a full wrap really helps the $$$....at least from what I've seen on ebay.

$8 will get you a reproduced one...but sitting side by side the you can easily tell the difference from OEM.....again... from a collectors point of view.

Yeah, I guess...never seen a repro sticker side by side with the OE still intact.

So you think maybe that the collectors like the full-wraps on the big J'reds because it implies they had a hard service life in the woods....or their goal is to find one with a full-wrap and low hrs?

Kevin

Yeah, I guess...never seen a repro sticker side by side with the OE still intact.

So you think maybe that the collectors like the full-wraps on the big J'reds because it implies they had a hard service life in the woods....or their goal is to find one with a full-wrap and low hrs?

Kevin

It's the "Wow" factor...like crazy big aggressive dogs. Full wrap only really needed on steep hill sides and big trees ....extra big dogs only needed in very thick bark and/or to keep the saw sitting level when at rest......when not used in these ways...only "eye candy". Like mag wheels, side exhaust, absurdly wide rear tires etc. etc. etc......all have a purpose in the beginning but 99% that you see on the road is just "eye candy". AND Eye candy costs a lot more.....

It's the "Wow" factor...like crazy big aggressive dogs. Full wrap only really needed on steep hill sides and big trees ....extra big dogs only needed in very thick bark and/or to keep the saw sitting level when at rest......when not used in these ways...only "eye candy". Like mag wheels, side exhaust, absurdly wide rear tires etc. etc. etc......all have a purpose in the beginning but 99% that you see on the road is just "eye candy". AND Eye candy costs a lot more.....

I'm a lefty that was forced to be right handed by my mother (a lefty herself who thought that she was helping me!) and my teachers. As a result I'm sort of ambidextrous/confused. I like being able to use a saw from the "opposite" side.

I'm a lefty that was forced to be right handed by my mother (a lefty herself who thought that she was helping me!) and my teachers. As a result I'm sort of ambidextrous/confused. I like being able to use a saw from the "opposite" side.

Interesting point...I too was a lefty forced right in school. Shoot with my left shoulder, kick with my left foot...ride goofy on a snowboard etc. But I learned with full-wraps and so it's all quite natural to me. My 90 has the simple factory wrap and I hate that fallin'....real PIA.....otherwise, love the saw itself. My 80 full-wrap is cracked and so it's off to the welding shop at the college. I have another full-wrap for the 80/90, but was saving it to clean up(very rusty). Not sure why that one is steel and the other on the saw is aluminum. I would think the aluminum is OE and the steel was maybe made....but it looks not to be a home brew adventure...hmmm.

Kevin

Interesting point...I too was a lefty forced right in school. Shoot with my left shoulder, kick with my left foot...ride goofy on a snowboard etc. But I learned with full-wraps and so it's all quite natural to me. My 90 has the simple factory wrap and I hate that fallin'....real PIA.....otherwise, love the saw itself. My 80 full-wrap is cracked and so it's off to the welding shop at the college. I have another full-wrap for the 80/90, but was saving it to clean up(very rusty). Not sure why that one is steel and the other on the saw is aluminum. I would think the aluminum is OE and the steel was maybe made....but it looks not to be a home brew adventure...hmmm.

Kevin

Funny....I am right handed.....and do everything right handed except shoot...I'm a lefty with a rifle....but shoot more right hand with a hand gun...

Hey guys
I picked up a older jonny today and was told it is a 801 but it has a decomp button and I thought only the 90's had this. What do you guys think? (lets see if I can remember how to post pics)

Probably a 90 unless someone put a 90 jug on an 801. We talked about how a lot of 801's had a rubber plug for the decomp. Would be a simple matter to put the 90 jug on there like a lot of 80's have had done. Otherwise, it's a plain ol' 90. Not sure why you were told it's a 801....the 801 and 80 never came with a decomp. I can almost see '90' on the sticker.....

How does it run and what's the compression?

Kevin

I also thought the sticker looked more like 90 than 801. Not sure why they thought it's a 801 either. I picked it up at an auction so they were probably just guessing. Haven't started it yet I want to clean the old gas out of it first. As for compression I haven't put a gauge on it yet but I pulled it a few times and it feels pretty good. The saw is pretty dirty right now but hopefully it will look different tomorrow.

I also thought the sticker looked more like 90 than 801. Not sure why they thought it's a 801 either. I picked it up at an auction so they were probably just guessing. Haven't started it yet I want to clean the old gas out of it first. As for compression I haven't put a gauge on it yet but I pulled it a few times and it feels pretty good. The saw is pretty dirty right now but hopefully it will look different tomorrow.

Good find....hope it's a runner for ya without a lot of work. If I look away fast and then look back at the sticker pic, I can definitely see a 9 & a 0. Unless of course my brain is having all kinds of fun confabulating things...lol

Kevin

Latest posts

Back