Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've often found myself leaning on the 90 like I do on the Husky 2100.....I often forget what I have in my hands....it runs that good. Still don't have my 910E put back together to pit against the 90. I except it to be a shootout between good ol' fashioned low-end torque, versus a more modern high revving saw. Which one I'll like the best, the jury is still out.....

Kevin

Yeah, I've often found myself leaning on the 90 like I do on the Husky 2100.....I often forget what I have in my hands....it runs that good. Still don't have my 910E put back together to pit against the 90. I except it to be a shootout between good ol' fashioned low-end torque, versus a more modern high revving saw. Which one I'll like the best, the jury is still out.....

Kevin
Thank You Kevin for the 90 ipl.

Starting my daughter right.
685a76aa73718d1ee32e17079654a8f4.jpg

Help please, I just got a 2051 that has no spark, what coil or module will work on this saw? Is there a metal clutch cover that will fit this saw to replace the cheezy plastic cover. Will a clutch cover frim a 2152 or 2153 fit?

Help please, I just got a 2051 that has no spark, what coil or module will work on this saw? Is there a metal clutch cover that will fit this saw to replace the cheezy plastic cover. Will a clutch cover frim a 2152 or 2153 fit?

I don't think any other clutch cover will fit. The 2152 has different stud spacing.
I think the module from the 670 Super II/Champ, 630 Super II or 625II is the same. I've seen them listed as fitting.

Thank You Kevin for the 90 ipl.

And thank you Ray for passing it on for my 90. Mine looks good except for a broken top handle bracket, any spares about. I think I saw one on Chainsawr. Also picked up a 525 with a recoil issue. From the ipl all the pieces seem to be there just not put together? P&C on the 525 look OK just a little carbon scoring, didn't come with a bar and chain. Guessing .325, I may have a bar off a John Deere that will fit.

I don't know anything about the 525, but the 801, 80, 90 all have the same handle bracket and I suspect the 70E and a lot of other saws as well. I saw a handle on ebay for $8 the other day, shouldn't be hard to find at all. 10mm bar stud spacing on the 90, but some Husky large mount 9.5mm bars will fit right up and if they don't, just a little fitment required.

Kevin

I don't know anything about the 525, but the 801, 80, 90 all have the same handle bracket and I suspect the 70E and a lot of other saws as well. I saw a handle on ebay for $8 the other day, shouldn't be hard to find at all. 10mm bar stud spacing on the 90, but some Husky large mount 9.5mm bars will fit right up and if they don't, just a little fitment required.

Kevin

Nope.....66E/70E are all together different from 80/801/90......different shape bracket and AV rubber mounts...66/70E are different...slightly more modern designed Jonsereds.

And thank you Ray for passing it on for my 90. Mine looks good except for a broken top handle bracket, any spares about. I think I saw one on Chainsawr. Also picked up a 525 with a recoil issue. From the ipl all the pieces seem to be there just not put together? P&C on the 525 look OK just a little carbon scoring, didn't come with a bar and chain. Guessing .325, I may have a bar off a John Deere that will fit.
Did you locate a 525 ipl? I came up empty.

Back