Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't neeeed another saw but this one is a good price, complete with good compression.
Looks like a 52 or 52E possibly. I'm not bidding, still holding out for a steal on a 670.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-49...263415?hash=item2ca9ad3b37:g:jSUAAOSwx-9WwjMf

Yep that's an early one too from the flat screen on the recoil......

Went hoarding just a little bit this morning......NOS 90 engine cover and clutch cover...couldn't pass 'em up......BIN $20 for the engine cover...$15 for the clutch cover..$7.15 to ship.....

If anyone needs a AF cover for the 90/801, hit me up. I complained to a vendor about the way he worded his auction....I thought I was buying three and he only meant to sell one at a time......so he sent me an extra.

So.....I think I have three or four now, plus the ones on the saws....lol.

Kevin

Won the saw....anybody needing parts from it, hit me up. No way I'm splitting the case and putting new bearings in a saw I'll never use.....happy to help other J'red members.

Kevin

Nice gesture Kev, glad someone here scooped it up. Let us know what model it is.

Too bad I just completed my 52. BTW, I plan on building a 670 soon so maybe you could buy one of those parts saws next. :)

Nice gesture Kev, glad someone here scooped it up. Let us know what model it is.

Too bad I just completed my 52. BTW, I plan on building a 670 soon so maybe you could buy one of those parts saws next. :)

If you get a 670 project....it would be best if it were a later one..a Champ or SuperII. Not that an early one is bad.....but the later version has a number of up grades that are handy...and sensible...

I told the seller I was sorry that he didn't get more for his saw.....BUT, not to put it loose in a cardboard box and send. Shipping was only $10.00???? Obviously he set that fee hoping to get much more for the saw. I've been the recipient of angry sellers before through no fault of my own. At least PayPal will see that I warned him about the shipping if the saw is trashed by the carrier.

*Update....seller sounds like a nice guy and definitely thought he'd get a lot more for the saw, being a J'red 'collectable'. Promised to pack it right. I think it helps the sale quite a bit if you label the saw in the auction correctly. Not knowing kinda puts off some people and the bad crank bearings didn't help it either-kudos for his honesty though. For all I know this is another 'underwater' saw...be my luck, but the price was right fer sure.

Kevin

I told the seller I was sorry that he didn't get more for his saw.....BUT, not to put it loose in a cardboard box and send. Shipping was only $10.00???? Obviously he set that fee hoping to get much more for the saw. I've been the recipient of angry sellers before through no fault of my own. At least PayPal will see that I warned him about the shipping if the saw is trashed by the carrier.

*Update....seller sounds like a nice guy and definitely thought he'd get a lot more for the saw, being a J'red 'collectable'. Promised to pack it right. I think it helps the sale quite a bit if you label the saw in the auction correctly. Not knowing kinda puts off some people and the bad crank bearings didn't help it either-kudos for his honesty though. For all I know this is another 'underwater' saw...be my luck, but the price was right fer sure.

Kevin

You did well on that saw Kevin........doesn't look like an under water saw to me......not clean enough.......my under water 910 looked great......clean as could be...and was from Arizona....can't hardly think of a dryer place!!!! I just don'tget why when going to the trouble to list and ship a saw why some folks don't lift a finger to make it as attractive as possible......two mins with an air hose and a once over with an oil damp rag would have made that 52 worth twice as much..... just as well he didn't in this case ...but you see this all the time....I don't get it....

Speaking of 52's . . . . . finally walked my newly rebuilt saw outside yesterday and pulled it over . . . . alot.
Never even popped. Fuel doesn't seem to be problem, it's getting to the carb and into the cylinder, the plug is wet.

The spark looks like it's a bit weak now. It seems on a fast pull sometimes there isn't a spark, on a slow pull the spark is inconsistent and weak.
I'm gonna guess the first place I should look is the timing. I was fairly sure I had that set right though.
Or could the rewind coil have an issue?

Dean.....the connection between the recoil cover and the case mounted connector might be weak or high resistance......try cleaning both brass contacts well, then using a dab of grease to hold it in place set one of the thin slightly wavy washers found on all case bolts. cover bolts etc. between the connectors (make sure it doesn't touch ground) and bolt the recoil on......may not be your problem but this is a problematic design on the 52s and 66/70E models.....easy enough to eliminate the possibility....

You did well on that saw Kevin........doesn't look like an under water saw to me......not clean enough.......my under water 910 looked great......clean as could be...and was from Arizona....can't hardly think of a dryer place!!!! I just don'tget why when going to the trouble to list and ship a saw why some folks don't lift a finger to make it as attractive as possible......two mins with an air hose and a once over with an oil damp rag would have made that 52 worth twice as much..... just as well he didn't in this case ...but you see this all the time....I don't get it....

I don't get it either Robin. I've lamented about this before in here. Logic would dictate that in basic buyer/seller ethos, you'd expect the item to be at least clean. Like you said...a few minutes at least with an air hose, WTH??!!

I used to collect old-school, canister vacuums and it's the same deal there. People will actually send you a vacuum with a bag full of their dirt and the canister/attachments as dirty as possible. Just what I always wanted right, the extra weight and privilege of somebody's dirt...lol! One guy sent me a "non-working", filthy power nozzle once and all that was wrong, was it was clogged with carpet string and had set off the unit's circuit breaker.....lol

Kevin

Speaking of 52's . . . . . finally walked my newly rebuilt saw outside yesterday and pulled it over . . . . alot.
Never even popped. Fuel doesn't seem to be problem, it's getting to the carb and into the cylinder, the plug is wet.

The spark looks like it's a bit weak now. It seems on a fast pull sometimes there isn't a spark, on a slow pull the spark is inconsistent and weak.
I'm gonna guess the first place I should look is the timing. I was fairly sure I had that set right though.
Or could the rewind coil have an issue?

Given that funky bronze contact set-up you pictured earlier, Robin's right.....clean all that up and see what happens. If that's the problem, a pinch of dielectric grease there might preserve the connection. I'll know more when I see my new 52 in the flesh....weird design.

Kevin

Back