Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't bid on an item just to screw-up a BIN price (some people actually admit to doing that out of spite).

I will place a tire-kicking bid on an item that I'm interested in just to discourage the seller from changing their mind The last time I did this the seller ended the auction any way. The notice from eBay basically said "The seller ended the auction, your bid has been cancelled, TFB for you."

Always irritating......hate the game playing....guess I'm not aggressive enough...or underhanded enough.....

Not sure if you can just 'get by' with this. On the gear oiler in the Husky 2100, we would replace parts if I saw even the slightest bit of wear on anything. But that's in a commercial setting where a down, failed main saw could cost serious $$$. However, slop is never good when gears and rings mesh.

Kevin
Went ahead and ordered a new worm wheel. It was only $3.95. Thanks for the advice.

Brian

Flocked filter for the 111S...ohhhhh...ahhhhhh. That's gotta be rare! The last time I saw one on the bay for a Husky 2100 it was $65...lol! I still can't get over that 111S set up with a spur drive....that big a saw. The old roller nose bars are great...I used to run General bars outa Oregon. Good, hard bars, just went to Cannon because we could plunge cut better with advanced sprocket tips.

Kevin

Very rare saw. Short production run before being replaced by the 451E. I've only seen three and own two of them. The other is in Europe. $30 is a bargain.

I like how in the ad he says it's been in a box for 2yrs...AND some pieces might be missing. Given how rare that saw is, that could be a real clusterf*ck. I guess you could hit him up later for the missing parts...he has them somewhere...lol
Or at that price, he may not even talk to ya again.

Kevin

I like how in the ad he says it's been in a box for 2yrs...AND some pieces might be missing. Given how rare that saw is, that could be a real clusterf*ck. I guess you could hit him up later for the missing parts...he has them somewhere...lol

Kevin

Luckily most parts are shared with the 451E. As long as the rear handle/air box isn't missing or broken you should be good to go.

Working on my 630 early model . What is top no load on this saw? And anybody have a good old style clutch cover and brake handle for one in their pile o parts.
Need to get a picture of her up.

Wayne

Working on my 630 early model . What is top no load on this saw? And anybody have a good old style clutch cover and brake handle for one in their pile o parts.
Need to get a picture of her up.

Wayne

I have an owner's manual that says 12,500 and a shop manual that says 13,000. I believe both are for a later model than you (or I) have

I rarely find Jonsered(s) saws listed locally on CL. Maybe someone here has a use for a Jonsereds 45E.

http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/5533858059.html

Very rare saw. Short production run before being replaced by the 451E. I've only seen three and own two of them. The other is in Europe. $30 is a bargain.

Kevin

One of the ones taplinhill has seen was one I bought on ebay to fix up. There is literally no info online what so ever on the 45e. Mine had a scored cylinder otherwise was in good shape. I finally gave mine to taplinhill so he could build up one good saw as his had a busted up main housing. The weak spot was where the av rubbers for the uppER rear handle attached to the main housing. Near the air filter. They only made a very small number of 45e's before rolling out the 451 with beafed up housings for the rear av mount.

Always irritating......hate the game playing....guess I'm not aggressive enough...or underhanded enough.....

Last fall I bid on a Unertl scope that was listed on ebay. Collectors item and I've always wanted one for a period correct match on a 22 hornet I own.

The seller misspelled the name of the scope in the ad as "Unertel" therefore it got very few views and I won the bid at $375 less than half what the scope was worth. I gladly paid the bill and waited two weeks for delivery with no replies from the seller. I finally had to open an ebay case BEFORE I gave any negative feedback. Only then was my money was refunded.

I stalked them for a while to see if they'd relist it correctly but gave up after a couple months. Douche.

Last fall I bid on a Unertl scope that was listed on ebay. Collectors item and I've always wanted one for a period correct match on a 22 hornet I own.

The seller misspelled the name of the scope in the ad as "Unertel" therefore it got very few views and I won the bid at $375 less than half what the scope was worth. I gladly paid the bill and waited two weeks for delivery with no replies from the seller. I finally had to open an ebay case BEFORE I gave any negative feedback. Only then was my money was refunded.

I stalked them for a while to see if they'd relist it correctly but gave up after a couple months. Douche.

Bummer on that scope! My guess is that someone told him what he had and he held out for more money on a private sale. But was afraid to relist on the bay for fear of recrimination.

Kevin

One of the ones taplinhill has seen was one I bought on ebay to fix up. There is literally no info online what so ever on the 45e. Mine had a scored cylinder otherwise was in good shape. I finally gave mine to taplinhill so he could build up one good saw as his had a busted up main housing. The weak spot was where the av rubbers for the uppER rear handle attached to the main housing. Near the air filter. They only made a very small number of 45e's before rolling out the 451 with beafed up housings for the rear av mount.

Yeah, I saw that in the pics posted here awhile back. Probably just a good collector's saw today, rather than pour the coals to it. Glad Eric was able to make one good one.

Kevin

Flocked filter for the 111S...ohhhhh...ahhhhhh. That's gotta be rare! The last time I saw one on the bay for a Husky 2100 it was $65...lol! I still can't get over that 111S set up with a spur drive....that big a saw. The old roller nose bars are great...I used to run General bars outa Oregon. Good, hard bars, just went to Cannon because we could plunge cut better with advanced sprocket tips.

Kevin

By that measure I guess I did all right on the filter......$40 free shipping from Oregon....didn't really need it, got a new one on the saw but they are hard to find so I'll put it in my 111S parts stash until needed. Consumables are just that.... consumable.....

Quite a few 621's right now on the bay in various forms. Here's a decent one without a spark plug lead, but otherwise seems to be complete:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-chainsaw-621

Cracked clutch cover, but possibly, a low hr saw if you believe the seller. Not a fantastic price, but he must have the auto shipping calculator on because it's only $12.50 shipped to me. I'd drive to get that one if interested.

Kevin

Not a bad looking project.....cracked cover probably happened the same time top tooth on the dogs got bent. I evaluate saw hrs, when looking at pics, by where the hands contact the saw.....these old saws with painted metal trigger handles pretty much tell the story......not unlike the drivers seat in a used car...they tell you much the saw has been held. This one has some hrs on it but not as many as a lot of them you see.. My ebay says $58.28 on shipping...be a good project saw for someone....price is a little steep for a non running 621 IMHO.....more like a hundred would be more in keeping with with others you see for sale on ebay...in this condition.

Not a bad looking project.....cracked cover probably happened the same time top tooth on the dogs got bent. I evaluate saw hrs, when looking at pics, by where the hands contact the saw.....these old saws with painted metal trigger handles pretty much tell the story......not unlike the drivers seat in a used car...they tell you much the saw has been held. This one has some hrs on it but not as many as a lot of them you see.. My ebay says $58.28 on shipping...be a good project saw for someone....price is a little steep for a non running 621 IMHO.....more like a hundred would be more in keeping with with others you see for sale on ebay...in this condition.

I agree...more like $50-$75 for a non-running saw missing the spark lead and cracked clutch cover. Even if it had more paint left, it's still technically, a parts saw. These kinda saws are best negotiated with in person....guy can't make it run with missing parts, you got him over a barrel. I bought a really expensive camcorder once at a garage sale for like $5, because the guy couldn't make it work. Was just a bad charger....lol.

I've always wondered which wears the handle paint faster;gloves or skin. Guess it depends on how much you sweat, the acidity of your skin and whether or not the gloves are leather or cotton etc.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back