Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Scott! I see few 111S' with that hand guard still attached.

Does anyone know what that hole in the clutch cover was for?? I don't get that design.....I assume it has a chip guard just ahead of that, inside the clutch cover?

Kevin

$81 for 24 months....correcting what I posted earlier. Dont wanna give anyone false dreams/hope...lol!

Kevin
Don't forget to add in the $78 shipping.....that's almost another month's payment....at least that's what it id to ship from NJ to Maine.....May be more for you Kevin...

So I was out to the island the last couple weeks working on my old cabin....I keep a crappy generator out there to charge my cordless stuff, run a skil saw and sliding chopsaw etc. It's a lug around type with a B&S engine.....always starts and may or may not run decently. So I fire it up this year and gas is really leaking out around the tank vent which it built into the cap......then I remembered it starting to do this last year and me trying several half-azzed attempts to cure it...some failed and some only slowed the spillage. When on an remote island out to sea there are no hardware stores or small engine repair shops....you use what is on hand and make do.....something had to be done I needed the generator but couldn't have gas pouring all over it while running...just waiting for the big "Poof"!!!!! So I rummaged through my stash of things saved that should have been thrown away years ago and what do I find???? Anyone care to guess exactly what this came from? (Hint.....it is fortunate the generator is Red and Black) Worked excellent by the way......generator is full of gas and running in the pic......:cheers:

DSC_1281.JPG

So I was out to the island the last couple weeks working on my old cabin....I keep a crappy generator out there to charge my cordless stuff, run a skil saw and sliding chopsaw etc. It's a lug around type with a B&S engine.....always starts and may or may not run decently. So I fire it up this year and gas is really leaking out around the tank vent which it built into the cap......then I remembered it starting to do this last year and me trying several half-azzed attempts to cure it...some failed and some only slowed the spillage. When on an remote island out to sea there are no hardware stores or small engine repair shops....you use what is on hand and make do.....something had to be done I needed the generator but couldn't have gas pouring all over it while running...just waiting for the big "Poof"!!!!! So I rummaged through my stash of things saved that should have been thrown away years ago and what do I find???? Anyone care to guess exactly what this came from? (Hint.....it is fortunate the generator is Red and Black) Worked excellent by the way......generator is full of gas and running in the pic......:cheers:

View attachment 615267
Ain’t Karma great......

View attachment 615267

When I worked at that gold mill up above 10,000 ft in CO, we tried all the major brands of generators. Onan was the only one that would even routinely start up there...lol! It would get so cold up there that metal parts outside would break. But that Onan would always start. Crazy expensive generators/parts though....

Back in the day :cheers: a good NAPA store could supply us with all our cold weather needs; battery blankets, block heaters that really worked, heaters for the loaders....now they're nothing more than a 'box store'.

Kevin

When I worked at that gold mill up above 10,000 ft in CO, we tried all the major brands of generators. Onan was the only one that would even routinely start up there...lol! It would get so cold up there that metal parts outside would break. But that Onan would always start. Crazy expensive generators/parts though....

Back in the day :cheers: a good NAPA store could supply us with all our cold weather needs; battery blankets, block heaters that really worked, heaters for the loaders....now they're nothing more than a 'box store'.

Kevin

Hard to beat an Onan....I have had several and still have a 6.5Kw two cyl air cooled Diesel (home) and a 12 KW air cooled 4 cyl propane/gasoline (here at the shop). Both weigh a ton and are nearly bulletproof!!!!!

Here's a bit of Onan trivia.........did you know that Onan Industries originally were a division of Studebaker Motors???

No guess on the gas cap fix????

Does anyone know what that hole in the clutch cover was for?? I don't get that design.....I assume it has a chip guard just ahead of that, inside the clutch cover?

Kevin

Good question, Kevin. I'll take a look at what I have here. The "dump find" 111S arrived from Canada yesterday, too, so now I have all 4 here. Surprised it was still intact; the seller just tossed it into a box with no packaging whatsoever.

Hard to beat an Onan....I have had several and still have a 6.5Kw two cyl air cooled Diesel (home) and a 12 KW air cooled 4 cyl propane/gasoline (here at the shop). Both weigh a ton and are nearly bulletproof!!!!!

Here's a bit of Onan trivia.........did you know that Onan Industries originally were a division of Studebaker Motors???

No guess on the gas cap fix????
Oh. Oh. Pick Me!!!

Gravely was also a division of Studebaker at one time.

Here are the pics of the dump find 111S. It's complete, but something is going on internally - may be seized. Whatever the case, it's got the full wrap, knuckle guard, rear handle is intact, etc. And the oil cap is MIA. Shite. That makes 4 111's that I have, and all are either missing the oil cap or it has something jury rigged.

Does anyone know if the oil caps from other J'reds will work? I tried the ones on my older saws (621, etc), and they won't work. Threads are the right size, but they're not deep enough.

Anyway, I'll get this one cleaned up shortly. Just like the last one, I think there's a pretty decent looking saw hiding under all that grime.

Thanks

Scott
23022231_10159737097200413_772845844_n.jpg 23022313_10159737097205413_812461626_n.jpg 23023665_10159737097375413_2029459977_n.jpg 23023695_10159737097245413_459805652_n.jpg 23113372_10159737097345413_1705267821_n.jpg 23113536_10159737097395413_1386604715_n.jpg 23113699_10159737097355413_1061672402_n.jpg

My 52E, given to me by my dad. Great saw!
bc5d46a1091313720d5940d6e5b18872.jpg
12d22102717133ee3cfa4f004642e8a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If someone is in this thread and doesn't know what it is, they need to work on their Jreds more or read every post you have ever made until they find the answer. I recognized it immediately, but I'm not telling....................
Was going to answer yesterday, then thought--no that's to easy, someone will beat me to it.

Attachments

• 621 vent.PNG
    621 vent.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
If someone is in this thread and doesn't know what it is, they need to work on their Jreds more or read every post you have ever made until they find the answer. I recognized it immediately, but I'm not telling....................

Yeah, I instantly knew it too....or thought it had to be a gas tank vent fitting

Kevin

Latest posts

Back