Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the pics of the dump find 111S. It's complete, but something is going on internally - may be seized. Whatever the case, it's got the full wrap, knuckle guard, rear handle is intact, etc. And the oil cap is MIA. Shite. That makes 4 111's that I have, and all are either missing the oil cap or it has something jury rigged.

Does anyone know if the oil caps from other J'reds will work? I tried the ones on my older saws (621, etc), and they won't work. Threads are the right size, but they're not deep enough.

Anyway, I'll get this one cleaned up shortly. Just like the last one, I think there's a pretty decent looking saw hiding under all that grime.

Thanks

Scott
View attachment 615453 View attachment 615454 View attachment 615455 View attachment 615456 View attachment 615457 View attachment 615458 View attachment 615459

Just boggles my mind that someone would throw this saw in the dump. Just like the dealer in Canada that took two truckloads of NOS NLA J'red parts to the dump.

I noticed the screw in your first pic and figured it was holding a chip guard of some sort.

Doesn't matter if something is going on internally, ALL the parts on the saw are highly valuable for resale. No way you could lose even if you had paid $350+ for it and it was seized.

Gotta be some irony in the fact that you never saw 111S' in Europe and now you have what, four??!! Very few people on the planet are poor in 111S'....lol.

Kevin

Just boggles my mind that someone would throw this saw in the dump. Just like the dealer in Canada that took two truckloads of NOS NLA J'red parts to the dump.

I noticed the screw in your first pic and figured it was holding a chip guard of some sort.

Doesn't matter if something is going on internally, ALL the parts on the saw are highly valuable for resale. No way you could lose even if you had paid $350+ for it and it was seized.

Gotta be some irony in the fact that you never saw 111S' in Europe and now you have what, four??!! Very few people on the planet are poor in 111S'....lol.

Kevin

Snuck down into the garage after work and did a quick teardown. Got the jug off and the piston came off with it.. Yep, rod was broken at the small end. Piston and rod are complete junk, of course, but the jug could probably be saved by one of these companies that re-plates them.

As for my 111's, my only current runner came from the UK. The one that's either a 110 or an early 111 came from Sweden. The dump find pictured above came from Canada. And the one I got on eBay came from the U.S., I think.

I need to line them all up next to one another, but I'm almost positive that I can get 3 good runners out of the saws that I have now. Four runners would be possible if I could find a parts source. Someone has to be hoarding 111 parts or know where I can find some! Need oil caps, clutch cover, air filter cover, jug, two pistons, and a muffler. Can anyone help a brother out?

Thanks

Scott

S
Snuck down into the garage after work and did a quick teardown. Got the jug off and the piston came off with it.. Yep, rod was broken at the small end. Piston and rod are complete junk, of course, but the jug could probably be saved by one of these companies that re-plates them.

As for my 111's, my only current runner came from the UK. The one that's either a 110 or an early 111 came from Sweden. The dump find pictured above came from Canada. And the one I got on eBay came from the U.S., I think.

I need to line them all up next to one another, but I'm almost positive that I can get 3 good runners out of the saws that I have now. Four runners would be possible if I could find a parts source. Someone has to be hoarding 111 parts or know where I can find some! Need oil caps, clutch cover, air filter cover, jug, two pistons, and a muffler. Can anyone help a brother out?

Thanks

Scott

Of course collectors are hoarding 111s parts and have been for yrs. It's not about helping a bro out, but waiting for the 'price is right' on eBay. Not something I would do personally, but I certainly understand the motivation. There's a AS member here that has a permanent 111S wants list in his sig. He's been looking for another crank forever.

I occasionally see clutch covers go through the bay...once in a great while a AF cover and a oil cap. A jug & slug, almost never.....ditto on the crank. I think I saw a muffler go through last yr for crazy $$.

Kevin

Yeah, I instantly knew it too....or thought it had to be a gas tank vent fitting

Kevin

Yeah......but from what saw...that is the question....similar to the others but not the same.....the check valve is but not the hose which holds the sintered bronze filter in the end. Only one saw used this setup. So far Stihl 041S is the only one who has nailed it...... but not on here.

S

Of course collectors are hoarding 111s parts and have been for yrs. It's not about helping a bro out, but waiting for the 'price is right' on eBay. Not something I would do personally, but I certainly understand the motivation. There's a AS member here that has a permanent 111S wants list in his sig. He's been looking for another crank forever.

I occasionally see clutch covers go through the bay...once in a great while a AF cover and a oil cap. A jug & slug, almost never.....ditto on the crank. I think I saw a muffler go through last yr for crazy $$.

Kevin
My oil cover is wrong. I'm about to make one.

Yeah......but from what saw...that is the question....similar to the others but not the same.....the check valve is but not the hose which holds the sintered bronze filter in the end. Only one saw used this setup. So far Stihl 041S is the only one who has nailed it...... but not on here.

Never seen it in person so I'd only be guessing. All my J'reds with maybe the exception of the 621 (haven't looked) have the plastic white box for the tank vent
.......not sure on the 910 either come to think of it. Since you hold the world's record for 49sp saws and parts ownership, is it from that?

Kevin

Never seen it in person so I'd only be guessing. All my J'reds with maybe the exception of the 621 (haven't looked) have the plastic white box for the tank vent
.......not sure on the 910 either come to think of it. Since you hold the world's record for 49sp saws and parts ownership, is it from that?

Kevin

No....not from a 49sp......good guess....but ballpark.....though I guess they all are....but this is very specific...

No....not from a 49sp......good guess....but ballpark.....though I guess they all are....but this is very specific...

So the other end of the vent tube...the sintered filter just hangs in the air like that??

Something older like a 52? I bought one of those for peanuts for parts in case anyone here might need a part from that saw. I'm in the middle of a move so can't go peek....that would be cheating anyway.

Kevin

S

Kevin

If I give up on giving up on getting 4 runners out of the 4 that I have, I will part one out and may end up with a crank. But I'd rather trade it for other 111 parts instead of sell it. Of course, as soon as I agree to part one out, I would definitely find the parts needed to make the parts saw a runner!

So the other end of the vent tube...the sintered filter just hangs in the air like that??

Something older like a 52? I bought one of those for peanuts for parts in case anyone here might need a part from that saw. I'm in the middle of a move so can't go peek....that would be cheating anyway.

Kevin

Yes it does....this has not been altered....what you see is the way the saw was shipped......not from a 52 either.......I actually thought it was from a 52 myself but had to verify before asking the question.....I was wrong....not a 52/52E....

My kill switch broke on my 80/90 ... so I took the top off and see it's a single wire so it grounds on the top cover.
now ebay has a few 70e and others jonsereds none for 80 but look the same (no ipl). I have not done a vacuum / pressure in over a year maybe 2
Saw has been running good so I have not done anything to it.
that got me thinking fuel lines and seals. I figure 1 of you have a part # for after market seals.
Now I found an old thread about caged bearings from china was the thread and got to thinking if after market bearings are out there
1 of you would have done this by now ...... maybe
Any of you ever take a micrometer and measure a good bearing just to see if bearings are out there.
I would think someone is making them even if for a different application

Yes it does....this has not been altered....what you see is the way the saw was shipped......not from a 52 either.......I actually thought it was from a 52 myself but had to verify before asking the question.....I was wrong....not a 52/52E....

Here's a little tease.....
dfg.jpg

Latest posts

Back