Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kill switch broke on my 80/90 ... so I took the top off and see it's a single wire so it grounds on the top cover.
now ebay has a few 70e and others jonsereds none for 80 but look the same (no ipl). I have not done a vacuum / pressure in over a year maybe 2
Saw has been running good so I have not done anything to it.
that got me thinking fuel lines and seals. I figure 1 of you have a part # for after market seals.
Now I found an old thread about caged bearings from china was the thread and got to thinking if after market bearings are out there
1 of you would have done this by now ...... maybe
Any of you ever take a micrometer and measure a good bearing just to see if bearings are out there.
I would think someone is making them even if for a different application

As far as bearings go....unless otherwise stated, I think the majority of sellers on eBay are selling Chinese crank bearings. I would pilgrimage to a bearing shop and buy better.....especially on a crank. Seals the same.

Any kill switch that fits nicely in the hole and grounds to work is a winner....I sure wouldn't be holding out for a $35+ OE kill switch just to make a saw work. Those old J'reds switches are pretty flimsy compared to like Husky yr models.

Kevin

If I give up on giving up on getting 4 runners out of the 4 that I have, I will part one out and may end up with a crank. But I'd rather trade it for other 111 parts instead of sell it. Of course, as soon as I agree to part one out, I would definitely find the parts needed to make the parts saw a runner!

It's always that way. I look for something on eBay for yrs and then in one week two will show up....crazy.

Kevin

Found it!!....but don't get the automotive theme??

Was assuming this was the same as my 451 so didn't even look..........ASS-UME got me again..

Good for you!! Not sure what Unc was getting at with the automotive theme thing either?? Don't see many of these saws around.....were very expensive saws in the day, compared the others in the same basic saw family!!

Ok I'll play...
I don't know for certain what model it is but I do know what it isn't so that leaves only one probable saw.
Only one in it's family with 3 digits and ending in a vowel.
Too lazy to go dig mine out and check for sure though, maybe later...

You sir, earn an honorary degree here on the J'reds thread. Which means you buy :cheers:!!

Kevin
And for extra credit......
Good for you!! Not sure what Unc was getting at with the automotive theme thing either?? Don't see many of these saws around.....were very expensive saws in the day, compared the others in the same basic saw family!!
And you are the one that gave me that clue......gezz Lad.....safety meeting syndrome perhaps. Lol

Ok I'll play...
I don't know for certain what model it is but I do know what it isn't so that leaves only one probable saw.
Only one in it's family with 3 digits and ending in a vowel.
Too lazy to go dig mine out and check for sure though, maybe later...

Well Bill I can't confirm or deny that one as there is more than one other three digit Jonsereds saw that ends also ends in a vowel.........though you may be correct.......gotta be more specific.....

I didn't want to be too specific and just spill it.
By 'family' of saws I was meaning a more specific group, like saws that have a majority of interchangeable parts.
And 's' isn't a vowel...lol.

In any case I went and pulled out the saw in question to check, I was wrong anyway, has the longer convoluted type line.
And it's the only of 'those' models I don't have an ipl for.
I also didn't look very far back into the older non-av stuff as I don't own any and don't keep ipl's for them.

So now I'm entirely stumped, I've eliminated every model I can think of through either actually looking at the saw or a least an ipl...
Unless maybe there were mid-model changes? Or it's a 60's model...

Carry on...

Back