Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... Saws (av) I've specifically ruled out would include 49sp, 50, 51, 52, 52e, 521e, 451ev, 62, 621, 66e, 70e, 80, 810, 90, 111s.
Five of those I don't have so for those had to rely on ipl's.
What am I missing?

The 910E/EV......but it's not those either.....it's in your list.....if you have one of these saws perhaps the vent hose has been replaced with a more available one....I doubt that particular hose was available for long.....the saw had a very short run.

OK since you've stated it's on that list.....I ruled out the saws I know about. And since you said Acres does have the ending production date listed on this saw and it's short.....that leaves the 51 and the 521E, both three yrs production.

Kevin

Hmmmm...good work Kevin.....as I said before I was initially mistaken and had to look it up myself before I asked the question.....you're pretty "Warm"....if you assemble the given clues so far your should to able to connect the dots....

Well, there it is.
Another Jonsereds oddity.
I wonder if mine had been replaced with the longer hose or original.
Since they share the pto side case with other saws in the family, it still has the cutaway for the end of the long hose either way.

Sorry Cantdog to be the spoiler, but just couldn't stand the suspence!

Oh not a problem....after all that was the point! LOL!!! I have a half dozen 521Es.....I think they went to the short hose because the area the long hose is routed through is pretty congested with wiring for the heated top handle. That's just my own theory......The 521 shares a lot of parts with the 52/52e series but also has tremendous amount of 521 specific parts......even the recoil pulley is only used on the 521.....very pricy for a 49cc saw back then.....I think about twice the cost of a 49SP....but the two speed heated handles sure are sweet.......the "Cadillac" of the family!!!!

"Warm"...when do you get hot??? I gave two choices and one was correct.....lol!

I couldn't find a 521E IPL until Denny posted it.

I have orignal IPLs for the 80/90/910 maybe the 621 too....if anyone can't read a copy floating around on the Net.

Kevin

Back