Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone posted a picture of a NOS 111s piston in a Jonsered section on another forum. I'm pretty sure it was just to make everyone drool, but ?????

Now how much slobber do you think a few pics of a nice NOS 111S P&C setup would generate???? Just askin'......:havingarest:

I was told you guys up there don’t have summer, just a wet shi**y late winter.....lol!

Kevin

Yes I did....very cool boxes!!!

Sometimes we don't have much summer....a lot of rain/fog....dismal......just a couple months of damn poor snowmobiling.... Other years we have a beautiful two months of summer....that's why we like fall so much!!!

Yes!!! Beautifully preserved with the paint...everything.

Kevin
I just found a Burt Olney Canning Company of Oneida N Y Wooden box.
Means nothing to most folks. But the canner was a quarter mile from the house where my 96 year old mom grew up.
Box is finger jointed. Prolly 80 years old. How you got your canned goods.

Now it lives next to her chair with stuffed toys for the great grand kids.

Snagged this on the cheap needs a new rim sprocket kit along with bar/chain. Cuts ok but the chain binds in the bar and the clutch drum / needle bearing is shot.
Never seen another one like it.
20171204_082307.jpg
20171204_082316.jpg
20171204_082333.jpg

Whoa..... the Swedish box??? THAT’S slobber worthy!

I don’t know if you caught it, but Scott scored some original Jonsereds wooden saw crates with his old Racket collection.

Kevin

First one isn't a Jonsereds, but the Comet diesel was the predecessor to the Jonsereds XA diesel, so I think it's not too far off topic... Really cool story behind this saw, too. Depending on how you count, I'm the first, second, or third owner -- I got it from the shop that sold it new. Guy they originally sold it to returned it after having it a few days. Shop owner kept it until a few months ago, when he sold it to me.

Como Comet - 02.JPG

Then we have the XA and XB crates. You can see on the front where they're stamped with the model (XA or XB). One is unstamped.

IMG_1107.JPG

And amazingly enough, all have the card stapled to the side with the original serial number of the saw and some dealer info. I need to ask Magnus at the chainsaw collectors site to translate.

IMG_1109.JPG

First one isn't a Jonsereds, but the Comet diesel was the predecessor to the Jonsereds XA diesel, so I think it's not too far off topic... Really cool story behind this saw, too. Depending on how you count, I'm the first, second, or third owner -- I got it from the shop that sold it new. Guy they originally sold it to returned it after having it a few days. Shop owner kept it until a few months ago, when he sold it to me.

View attachment 616663

Then we have the XA and XB crates. You can see on the front where they're stamped with the model (XA or XB). One is unstamped.

View attachment 616664

And amazingly enough, all have the card stapled to the side with the original serial number of the saw and some dealer info. I need to ask Magnus at the chainsaw collectors site to translate.

View attachment 616666
I feel like The Joker in the 80s Batman movie with Jack Nicholson....."Where does he get these wonderful toys ?"

I feel like The Joker in the 80s Batman movie with Jack Nicholson....."Where does he get these wonderful toys ?"

There are wonderful toys inside the crates, too... Only fitting that the Jonsereds XB's for two of the boxes are red and green; maybe I should pose with them for a Christmas card photo?:D

Ran across some 111 pictures and thought I would post them because you don't see too many of these. 111S is a lot more common. Wrap is missing a piece, right? Or does it just dangle there like the later ones that end closer to the sprocket cover?

View attachment 616676 View attachment 616677 View attachment 616678 View attachment 616679 View attachment 616680 View attachment 616681

Yeah it was cut and that's a common insert, along with a 'bell'....see that a lot on older full-wrap J'reds. Although it appears that the original full-wrap on the 111S most likely didn't terminate back to the clutch-side case with an AV...by rather just went to clutch cover and stopped.

As far as that Comet....from what I read that was like one of the first Swedish chainsaws and the inventor sold the design to Jonsereds. So.....it's entirely appropriate to lump Comets into the J'red conversation.

And those crates are AMAZING!

Kevin

In keeping with the 111 theme here lately, here's an interesting one -- 110 sitting next to a 111! I have looked high and low for 110 details and pics, and just happened across this pic today. Trying to see if I can get more, but I can't really see any differences. If I could get one from the rear, I could try to see if the decals were different.

110 and 111.jpg

Back