Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a savant means you are extremely adept in one particular area, but MAY lack knowledge or experience in other areas. Idiot savant is more widely known and more commonly referred too, which infers a mental handicap although the individual is extremely skilled in a specific field or ability.

I’m not calling anyone mentally defective, I was simply in awe of the impressive knowledge displayed here.

Well, now that I have gone ahead and stepped on my own crank with golf shoes on, how’s everyone doing tonight?
I was around and in the middle of it when it went from Idiot to Artistic savant for common usage.

No meanness meant at all. I love this thread because it is virtually Drama free. And yes. Lots of info.

I’ve got so much out of it and about the only contribution is giving an alternative for a hard to find part with a harder to find part. But they are nice anyway.

We did PT in reverse one time to screw with the young LT.......

Hey, I was that young LT once! At least I was an OCS grad, so I wasn't brand new to the military. I knew better than to go ask the supply sergeant for a box of grid squares or a can of squelch. And I wasn't going to ask my platoon sergeant for a PRC-E7 ("Prick E7"), either...

Hey, I was that young LT once! At least I was an OCS grad, so I wasn't brand new to the military. I knew better than to go ask the supply sergeant for a box of grid squares or a can of squelch. And I wasn't going to ask my platoon sergeant for a PRC-E7 ("Prick E7"), either...
Done in OCS.......the one Calley went thru. Used to run by his house when he was on house arrest. New 240Z in the driveway.
All out tac officers were ROTC with no Prior Service. Train wreck. I left. Senate investigation on the class.
Got lots of respect for officers. Dad a bird and baby brother Jump Master and CO when 82nd went into Granada..

Dad was ROTC and OCS. Went thru college in 3 years during the war. Did summer school. Time to graduate they said he had to do OCS......never went to summer camp. Lol

Old school. Officer and gentlemen.......and always brought donuts for everyone. Knew NCOs got things done.

I'm quite familiar with Calley and Ft Benning -- did 3 tours there. I've jumped out of quite a few perfectly good airplanes, too - C130, 141, C17, Twin Otter, Casa 212, etc. Have about 30 jumps but never went to Jumpmaster school. I'm creeping up on 50, so my jumping days are probably over.
If you are on any AB groups you may know my brother. Course he spent most time at Bragg.....goes to AB GTGs...

Ahh, the PRC-E5 (and all variants) such an easily found item when properly asked for. The ‘yard of flightline’, ‘Calibration request form for the 2LT series compass’, ‘Keys for the HMMWV’, ‘M1A1 BFA’......... so much fun was had.

Damn, there is a lot of ‘Hooahs’ around here. Looks like I got here just in time, got to keep this place on an even keel.

Ahh, the PRC-E5 (and all variants) such an easily found item when properly asked for. The ‘yard of flightline’, ‘Calibration request form for the 2LT series compass’, ‘Keys for the HMMWV’, ‘M1A1 BFA’......... so much fun was had.

Damn, there is a lot of ‘Hooahs’ around here. Looks like I got here just in time, got to keep this place on an even keel.
I was Chairborne!!!!!
24 hour life expectancy if anything big went down. 50th Ord Co from Colorado Springs took over our mission. We were special. Lol

Chairborne, huh? Is it hard to land when some sand gets caught in the office chair wheels? Is there a “Hot Brake” SOP for those chairs? Do the K9s pull you with their leash or do they get a chair of their own?

I truly enjoy inter-service rivalry; its healthy, fun and pure enjoyment for all involved. From my experience the only people who get butt hurt about it are the ones who didn’t do **** the entire time they were in.

There are so many people who proclaim “I’ll never PT again when I get out” but its amazing how much you miss it when you can’t physically do it.

Oh, and coffee is continuous.
Well, it's morning time here, Marine! And I just finished my PT and coffee, so life is good.

Chairborne, huh? Is it hard to land when some sand gets caught in the office chair wheels? Is there a “Hot Brake” SOP for those chairs? Do the K9s pull you with their leash or do they get a chair of their own?

I truly enjoy inter-service rivalry; its healthy, fun and pure enjoyment for all involved. From my experience the only people who get butt hurt about it are the ones who didn’t do **** the entire time they were in.
I worried about the ones that didn’t give each other ribbing.

Ok, getting back on topic here. I bought a bunch of Jonsereds hardware - NOS stuff. I probably have 60 packets/packages of bolts, nuts, screws, clips, etc.

I know some of it is for a weed whacker, but some should work for saws, too.

What I'm trying to figure out are the part numbers. Most of it has a prefix of 505, 530, 720, 735, and 740. Does that help identify the application at all? Just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff here.

Thanks!

Scott

Ok, getting back on topic here. I bought a bunch of Jonsereds hardware - NOS stuff. I probably have 60 packets/packages of bolts, nuts, screws, clips, etc.

I know some of it is for a weed whacker, but some should work for saws, too.

What I'm trying to figure out are the part numbers. Most of it has a prefix of 505, 530, 720, 735, and 740. Does that help identify the application at all? Just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff here.

Thanks!
if
Scott

I think some of the guys might know. I have about a 100 of those packets as well. Mine are mostly Chainsaw and prefixes are 503 to 504 range If I remember correctly. I don't know any more than you about their numbering system. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will clue us in.

Scott,
Would this be to replace the worn piston in that one runner, or revive the dump 111S? If so, where in the world would you find a replacement con rod, after you had the jug replated?

Kevin

It looks like I have a big box of 111S spares on the way, including a good con rod (with crank attached). A few jugs, too, but one that will need some repair. And a few good pistons. Along some other stuff - muffler, rear handle, etc. Basically everything I need to get my one "parts saw" back up and running and a good piston to swap in case my saw with low compression needs a new one.

On that note, wasn't there someone here on AS who is in dire need of a 111 crank? Something about having this listed in his signature? If someone has his contact info, I may be able to help.

Scott

Wow Scott....you're a magnet for obsure, NLA parts! Where in the world did you find that box of parts?? You hit 111S nirvana fer sure....lol.

There is an AS member with a 111S crank want in his sig. He comes in here every now and then....hopefully he'll see this. If not, I can troll back though the old posts and find him.

Kevin

Wow Scott....you're a magnet for obsure, NLA parts! Where in the world did you find that box of parts?? You hit 111S nirvana fer sure....lol.

There is an AS member with a 111S crank want in his sig. He comes in here every now and then....hopefully he'll see this. If not, I can troll back though the old posts and find him.

Kevin

Kevin -

Have been beating the bushes for a while now. Finally looks like I hit paydirt on a parts stash. More to follow when things arrive.

Please let me know if you find out who wanted the 111 crank.

Scott

Back