Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I moved from Italy to San Antonio. All the saws came with me, of course.

Figured I would share some pics with you guys now that I'm sort of unpacked.

That's 110, 111, and 111S on the bottom left. Up from there is an 80 and 90, and then 621's up top. Next shelf over has 10 XF's and then a few 601's up top.

Starting at the bottom, we have XB's and XD's, then an XG, followed by XH's with some 60/601's up top.

Next time I'm in San Antonio I may have to drop by and see your collection! Will be the largest I've ever seen in person!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Next time I'm in San Antonio I may have to drop by and see your collection! Will be the largest I've ever seen in person!

Well, you might want to come soon! Each and every Jonsereds is for sale. Paring down my collection (will focus on vintage Stihl - sorry guys) and need to raise some funds to support my musclecar addiction...errr...hobby...

Well, you might want to come soon! Each and every Jonsereds is for sale. Paring down my collection (will focus on vintage Stihl - sorry guys) and need to raise some funds to support my musclecar addiction...errr...hobby...
Man that's unfortunate, such a massive collection, but completely understandable! My luck with the old jonsereds is really bad unfortunately lol, and I've noticed your increased interest in the vintage Stihls after making that Stihl 1106 group on Facebook.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Ok, I don't want to turn this into a classified ad, but if anyone here is interested in a vintage J'red, all 38 (see signature) of mine are for sale. If you'd like to discuss price before they hit the classifieds here or eBay, please message me. I know one of you (have to review old messages) wanted a 111.

Thanks

Well, I for one do. I have a few spare jugs and pistons if it needs that.

But I agree that this really is a parts saw. And I'd love to have it -- I have a 111S that needs a crank/rod assembly. And an air cleaner cover.

But I'm still balking at the price; that's a lot of coin for a parts saw.

Scott,
A lot of money for a crank/rod assembly along with an AF cover...lol!

Kevin

Ok, I don't want to turn this into a classified ad, but if anyone here is interested in a vintage J'red, all 38 (see signature) of mine are for sale. If you'd like to discuss price before they hit the classifieds here or eBay, please message me. I know one of you (have to review old messages) wanted a 111.

Thanks

That would be me for the 111S......

Kevin

Buddy stopped by with a 451EV today. No spark otherwise seems complete. Missing af cover. Case of beer deal. He also had a couple totes of problem saws from a power sport guy up the road a peice. Stuff customers abandoned for years. Only red ones a topso. Should be some mid winter projects.

He got that 670W together carbs not right yet. I haven't had time to dig into it any.

The ported 70e started 3rd pull after sitting since last April-ish. Just shortened up a couple logs to pull out of the woods. Grounds so saturated tractor kept spinning out.

Well, I for one do. I have a few spare jugs and pistons if it needs that.

But I agree that this really is a parts saw. And I'd love to have it -- I have a 111S that needs a crank/rod assembly. And an air cleaner cover.

But I'm still balking at the price; that's a lot of coin for a parts saw.

Oops. I just checked my parts stash this morning. I actually do have a crank/rod assembly for my parts saw. I guess it's not a parts saw any more... Still need an air cleaner cover, but I think I'm going to see about getting some of these 3D printed. Should be able to find some plastic with a high melting point.

Oops. I just checked my parts stash this morning. I actually do have a crank/rod assembly for my parts saw. I guess it's not a parts saw any more... Still need an air cleaner cover, but I think I'm going to see about getting some of these 3D printed. Should be able to find some plastic with a high melting point.

That's what J'reds should have done originally to be more big saw competitive; shrunk the full-wrap, used at least a top cover/AF cover in plastic and transistorized the ignition. There's probably a lot of ways to lighten that saw without compromising anything. Then it just dropped from production.

Kevin

Buddy stopped by with a 451EV today. No spark otherwise seems complete. Missing af cover. Case of beer deal. He also had a couple totes of proble
Buddy stopped by with a 451EV today. No spark otherwise seems complete. Missing af cover...
You gonna part it out? Is the carb and switch any good. Got one but the carb defies cleaning, rebuilding, holding pressure and vacuum. Switch busted.

You gonna part it out? Is the carb and switch any good. Got one but the carb defies cleaning, rebuilding, holding pressure and vacuum. Switch busted.

Most likely try to make a runner.

Any thoughts on the value of a reasonable 90 with good compression?

Good condition, all OE parts, running, with over 50% OE paint....figure $400+ on eBay. They went to Crazytown shortly after the 111S went there. Seems to be a pattern; top cube saws top out in price and then collectors start working down the line, while pushing prices up as they do so.

And speaking of eBay....there used to be at least ONE page devoted to 111/S parts/saws. When did that disappear???

Kevin

Good condition, all OE parts, running, with over 50% OE paint....figure $400+ on eBay. They went to Crazytown shortly after the 111S went there. Seems to be a pattern; top cube saws top out in price and then collectors start working down the line, while pushing prices up as they do so.

And speaking of eBay....there used to be at least ONE page devoted to 111/S parts/saws. When did that disappear???

Kevin

Kevin -

Thanks for the info on the 90.

I've been trying to pay attention to eBay for 111 stuff and haven't found much. Most of what I have found has been through non-eBay sites - Facebook, this site, the "other" site, etc. About all I have seen on eBay recently has been overpriced air filters, maybe a sprocket or two, etc. The tough to find parts for me have been air filter covers for 111S (have been looking for months with no luck), mufflers, crank and rod assemblies, pistons (although I hear the Dolmar 166 pistons will work; Uncle Lee @leeha may have some left from the custom order he did), clutch covers, full wraps, and oil reservoir caps. Someone on the "other" site has sold a fair bit of 111 stuff lately; I think his user name is funkysawguy or something like that.

Scott

Today was a good news/bad news kind of day....on the bad news front, I sold a 111S; I will be sad to see it go :( But the saw gods have smiled upon me and I have an uber rare 110 on the way...:happybanana:

I look forward to comparing the 110 to my mystery saw (no s/n; don't know if it's a 110 or 111).

I missed this post earlier, Scott. I think I was preoccupied with a certain saw purchase...lol!

So you have a bonified 110 coming?? This should answer about the mystery saw and see what else you can find different between a 110 & a 111/S!

Kevin

I missed this post earlier, Scott. I think I was preoccupied with a certain saw purchase...lol!

So you have a bonified 110 coming?? This should answer about the mystery saw and see what else you can find different between a 110 & a 111/S!

Kevin

Yes, it certainly appears to be a 110. Unless someone swapped a 110 lid on a 111 or 111S. Hope to have it later this week or early next week. I'll post here.

Scott

Latest posts

Back