Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the nicest, most informative thread in the universe on Jonsered.....we don't even fight in here....at least not the regulars....lol!

I was pretty sure these were the junk/dud J'reds that Robin keeps far away from. I never had any exposure to them and had quit loggin' when they came out.

If you wanna torture yourself with 'things that could have been'......think about the 910E, 100cc prototype the Jonsered engineers were playing with before the big Electrolux buyout. THAT would have been a game changer!

Kevin

I have been out of the loop today, the wife bought me a new Acer laptop for Christmas and my daughter in-law and her sister we getting it set up for me. They could not get the Outlook though so I will have to call tech support tomorrow or Monday. I am a little hard of hearing when it comes to peoples voices. I dread calling Spectrum on this I am sure I will get some halfwit in Liberia and only be able to understand one word every 50 she says. It is just the way it goes for me. I need another project saw I think the 625 and 630 I have were a pleasure to work on. I would like a newer bigger one maybe I will have to keep my eyes open.

I have been out of the loop today, the wife bought me a new Acer laptop for Christmas and my daughter in-law and her sister we getting it set up for me. They could not get the Outlook though so I will have to call tech support tomorrow or Monday. I am a little hard of hearing when it comes to peoples voices. I dread calling Spectrum on this I am sure I will get some halfwit in Liberia and only be able to understand one word every 50 she says. It is just the way it goes for me. I need another project saw I think the 625 and 630 I have were a pleasure to work on. I would like a newer bigger one maybe I will have to keep my eyes open.

Gawd....don't do Outlook...do gmail or anything else. Outlook is always tortured with hackers, while the other free email services are not. I've had Yahoo! since the beginning, but it's long in the tooth these days.

On your saw question....depends if you want the newer 'turbo' style saws or something older like the 70E or even an 80. Collectors are killing the workin' man prices for the older, bigger cc saws. Might be more prudent to go after newer J'red that hasn't really been collected yet. I've been kinda fancying a 2171...just to own one. I've read virtually nothing bad about this saw except a cheap recoil that breaks.

Kevin

Gawd....don't do Outlook...do gmail or anything else. Outlook is always tortured with hackers, while the other free email services are not. I've had Yahoo! since the beginning, but it's long in the tooth these days.

On your saw question....depends if you want the newer 'turbo' style saws or something older like the 70E or even an 80. Collectors are killing the workin' man prices for the older, bigger cc saws. Might be more prudent to go after newer J'red that hasn't really been collected yet. I've been kinda fancying a 2171...just to own one. I've read virtually nothing bad about this saw except a cheap recoil that breaks.

Kevin

2171 has been on my list for years. PB had a brandy new one he kept in a saw box......gawd I just drooled every time he opened it...I ran Jack Walkers 2171 that had the 75cc kit and was ported by EC saws......Oh MY!!!!! They aren't really collectables but the ones you see for sale are pretty dear to the sellers if they are in decent shape......even the beat ones are pretty spendy....one will come along if I can just be patient enough....

I have both Outlook and G-mail I really don't like the G-mail does not seem as intuitive to me. I am a little familiar with the outlook as that is the system I use at work as well. I am sure you are right on the whole hacker thing but in 25 years I have not experienced any of the bad stuff so far …. knock on wood.
About the saw yea I think I would like a 70-90cc that is less than or close to maybe 10 years old. I say that because maybe it would be easier to get used parts for. I am thinking of one that needs a new piston and rings maybe. More of a fixer upper sort of deal. I really don't need a saw I have way more than I will ever use now. That saw above this post is pretty sexy !!! how old is that style?

2171 has been on my list for years. PB had a brandy new one he kept in a saw box......gawd I just drooled every time he opened it...I ran Jack Walkers 2171 that had the 75cc kit and was ported by EC saws......Oh MY!!!!! They aren't really collectables but the ones you see for sale are pretty dear to the sellers if they are in decent shape......even the beat ones are pretty spendy....one will come along if I can just be patient enough....

I’ve noticed that too.....even though not collectible yet, everyone wants one! And they go high on eBay whenever they appear.

Kevin

What’s the story on the recoil then....bad design?

Kevin
I've owned two of these now and ended up buying the second one cause I missed the other one I sold, got it for $175 because it was hit my a skid steer, bought new cases for it and slowly put it all back together, now it's waiting on a full wrap then it's getting sent to Nanaimo BC to get worked on.

The recoils on these are just like a husky, but I image it's the plastic rotor that will strip out on then if you get too much compression.
9c0b3cfc967b3411c8389c6b6d47a7a0.jpg
33381616d6aa95e37f319c7380f5fa95.jpg
099494f0cca9cc3863e02f7726cc6869.jpg
dae73dfb6b43571b328cb5bbfbf5ebaf.jpg
1c22e39c02d58673969b5ec515ccd2ca.jpg
821dc88a6c6d3eb79c838f236b046962.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

So I just wanted to share with everyone here I came across NOS decals in my search for my favorite jonsereds saws and I've already got a set of NOS decals for the 2095 being reproduced at Sugar Creek Supply, I intend to send these off as well when I get them.

So if you need some for your projects, so be on the lookout in the next few months

7d2b5901a2fedf0a619e23c8de70a0a2.jpg

I've owned two of these now and ended up buying the second one cause I missed the other one I sold, got it for $175 because it was hit my a skid steer, bought new cases for it and slowly put it all back together, now it's waiting on a full wrap then it's getting sent to Nanaimo BC to get worked on.

The recoils on these are just like a husky, but I image it's the plastic rotor that will strip out on then if you get too much compression.
9c0b3cfc967b3411c8389c6b6d47a7a0.jpg
33381616d6aa95e37f319c7380f5fa95.jpg
099494f0cca9cc3863e02f7726cc6869.jpg
dae73dfb6b43571b328cb5bbfbf5ebaf.jpg
1c22e39c02d58673969b5ec515ccd2ca.jpg
821dc88a6c6d3eb79c838f236b046962.jpg

LOL!! I just sent you a PM asking you if you ever had one of these. Sounds like Eric is maybe poor with them.....says a lot about how they run. Are full-wraps out there for these saws...is it a Jonsered/Husky 'shared' thing with other models?

Kevin

630 question
I have been switching between the Dolmar 5105 and the 630 sawing on my woodpile. I am more impressed with the 630 than the dolmar. Anyway here it is when I start the 630 it runs perfect I may saw for 10 min or 30 but then I have to move the wood so I can go again. If I leave the saw running that is fine but if I shut it off it is almost impossible to re-start it. If it sets 1 minute or 10 it makes no difference. Eventually it ends up flooded. Usually if I hold the trigger open it will re-start after 10-20 pulls but today my shoulders just gave out. I have Bursitis in both one previously torn rotator cuff so yanking forever is not possible. What is the cause of this hard restart? Today I gave up on it and used the 5105 to finish. The 630 sat for over an hour before I tried it again still no go. The plug was wet so I changed it but still no go, if it floods you may as well forget it. Other than that I really like the saw. The plug fire is blue and between the best and the worst I have ever seen sort of average I guess. So now it sets in the shop with the plug out maybe it will dry out some. Any suggestions? The saw has cut about 2 cord on a new piston and rings ( cant remember the brand but it has Caber rings the piston is a good one the name just escapes me) it runs great and very strong when you get it running that is ha ha.

Back